Premium Family

Country

USA

Device

2020 Macbook Pro

Operating System

iOS 15

My Question or Issue

My boyfriend is able to "make public" one of my playlists so that my playlist is displayed on his profile under "public playlists." I am unable to do the same with his playlist, or anyone else's playlists except for mine. When I right click his playlist, I don't have the option to "make public," only to "remove from your library." I even had my boyfriend log onto my account from his computer, and he also had the same issue. I was wondering why this is happening, and if there's a way around this (admittedly minor) issue so that I can display his playlist on my profile like he can do with mine.

3 Replies

Hey there @kneekna!

Welcome to the Community!

If you want to make any personal playlist public so it shows on your profile, make sure to follow these steps. 

On another note, if you'd like to follow someone else's playlist you can click on the heart icon under the playlist's name and this makes the playlist appear in Your Library.

We're afraid we can't guarantee that all followed playlists will show on your profile as we're still working on improving that feature. For now we can only recommend listening to playlist and giving it some time to sync up.

Additionally, keep in mind that it's not possible to change someone else's playlist privacy settings unless it's a collaborative one.

Cheers - If you have any questions, just let us know.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for your response! From what you've said, it seems like there's no way for me to list someone else's playlist on my own profile under "public playlists." I guess my question is, how did my boyfriend do it? Is it a regional feature? He lives in Canada and I live in the US. 

Hey there @kneekna,

Thank you for your reply.

This should not be possible to do.

Can you send us a screen recording when you're boyfriend make one of your playlists public so we can have a closer look directly from his end? Make sure there's no sensitive information in the screen recording.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts