Premium Family

Country

USA

Device

MacBook Pro 2017

Operating System

Mac OS Catalina

My Question or Issue

I like to enable my local files on my desktop Spotify app. However, every time I quit and re-open, I have to go into my settings and turn local files on all over again. Every time. Is there a way to avoid doing this?

3 Replies

Hi @yeahyeahyasemin,

Thanks for reaching out about this. This sounds quite odd and we'll do our best to help you sort this out.

First up, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is different than simply reinstalling, as it can clear any cache that might be causing this issue.

If this is still happening after the reinstall, let us know which Spotify version you're currently running and if possible, send us a screenshot where we can see how the Local Files appear right after you open the app. We'll take a better look.

Keep us posted!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena, thanks for your response. I realized maybe this is being caused by the fact that I've gotten into the habit of clearing my cache quite frequently. So I'll try not to do that so much.

Hey @yeahyeahyasemin,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're happy that you found the root cause of the trouble you were experiencing with your local files. You are right that clearing the cache was the cause of this, as it removes all your downloads and imported files. Keep in mind however that it's indeed a good idea to clear it from time to time as it's an extra precaution against some of the app files getting damaged.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts