Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to remove enhanced feature on playlist (iOS/Windows 10)

Solved!

How to remove enhanced feature on playlist (iOS/Windows 10)

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 11, Windows 10

Operating System

iOS 14.4 / Windows 10 Home 1909

My Question or Issue

I clicked on the "Enhanced" button for my playlist on Spotify to see what it did but now it is routinely adding songs that I do not want at all on my playlist, how can this be removed or reversed??

thumbnail_Image.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Quiinzy,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

You should be able to click the button again, and the automatically-added songs should disappear.

Can you let us know if you've selected this option for one of your privately created playlists and what do you see in the options if you click the 3-dot menu.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Quiinzy,

You should be able to click the button again, and the automatically-added songs should disappear.

Can you let us know if you've selected this option for one of your privately created playlists and what do you see in the options if you click the 3-dot menu.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

For some reason clicking on the button cleared everything just now... the past few days it did not do anything when I tapped on Enhance again. Thanks!

Hi @Quiinzy,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad to know that it was sorted out 🙂

If you need a hand with anything else, remember that we're always a post away.

Have a good one!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi there. I’m having this sage issue but the button is gone, and not in the three dot menu, but songs are still being added. How do I disable this?

Hey @blackout37

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

In case you can't see the button appearing it's a good idea to try logging out from all devices and then logging back in. Occasionally this is necessary to force a sync of info between your device and our account system. 

If you still don't see it after logging out, try running a clean reinstall of Spotify on your device. This will remove corrupted data from previous installations that could be causing the issue.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

I turned on enhance feature a while ago but the button is gone. It keeps adding and removing songs but it doesnt show the enhance button anywhere including three dot menu. I tried logging out from all devices and reinstalling spotify on my phone, didnt help.

Hi there @emirtoroslu,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you log in on another device to see if the issue persist?

Also, can you let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

My phone is Iphone X and I tried both on Windows 10 PC and Iphone 11, they all have the latest version which 8.6.30.968. The issue persisted on all devices.

Hi @emirtoroslu,

Thanks for reaching out.

The right folks are currently investigating this. We can't commit to a timeframe for when this will be fixed, so in the meantime, you can create a new playlist and copy all the songs that you want of the enhanced playlist to the new one.

Apologies for any inconvenience. The Community is here for you in case you need a hand with anything else.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

One of my personally made playlist seem to go away other songs appeared. I tapped the enhance button again to undo it, didn't seem to work. Should I log out and log in.?

Hi @Jamesrbach,

You should be able to click the button again to toggle it off, and the automatically-added songs should disappear from the list. If the button seems unresponsive, it's also worthwhile restarting the app twice in a row. This may sound odd but it's how the app does a refresh. 

If you still having issues after restarting the app, try running a clean reinstall of Spotify on your device, as it was suggested earlier in this thread. This removes possible cached-data from previous installations that could be causing various issues.

Hope this does the trick for you, reach out if you need more help!

Kiril Moderator

I'm having this same problem but a little more chronically. My playlists have been filled with unwanted content, mainly by artists I've never heard of.

When I click the Enhanced button that is supposed to remove the recommended tracks a few of them disappear but large numbers of unwanted tracks remain, to the point that my playlists are almost unuseable now.

Is there a way to remove the Enhanced feature and everything it has dumped into my playlists entirely? If not I might as well switch to another service, preferably one that respects it's customers choices. 

Hi there,

I have also had this issue on virtually all of the playlists I listen to when driving home from work. I can only assume I've accidentally hit the Enhance button when starting the app up, and obviously am not willing to rectify it when driving home ($1,000 fine anyone?). I got Premium years ago so I can listen to the songs I want, not what others want me to listen to. Is there a way to completely turn this insidious function off?

Hey @tagpingpong,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

The Enhance feature has no option yet to totally hide the button. However, if you think other users would like to have this possibility too, we'd recommend you to post it in the Idea Exchange board to reach the correct teams and make it happen. Make sure to check the Idea Exchange Guidelines before posting it.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, don’t hesitate to ask. 

OscarDCModerator

Hi, I’m having this same issue and yes, when i click on the enhance button again it does remove the extra tracks. However, as soon as I leave the playlist or the app and then return to it, it’s turned the enhanced feature back on again as the default - so annoying! Please help me fix this, I hate it!

thankfully it only seems to happen in the 1 playlist where i made the mistake of trying the enhanced feature, it hasn’t automatically been extended to all of my playlists. But still, has very effectively put me off ever trying the enhanced tool again! 

Hey @Ticktock101,

Thanks for your reply. 

In this case, would you mind sending us the troubleshooting you’ve already done? We'd like to know what steps you've taken so far, so we can suggest some other options.

On another note, if you haven't yet, we'd recommend giving it a try to what @Kiril suggested above. You can start by logging out and logging in twice onto your Spotify account; this way the system will force a resync of your account.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest performing a clean reinstall of the app on your new device, to check if you notice any difference. You can find out the steps for a clean reinstall in this article.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Thanks for the reply, have tried the logging out and back in (both in the app on my phone and on the desktop version) but doesn’t make any difference unfortunately. Will try deleting the app and re-downloading.

Hi @Ticktock101!

In case the issue persists, could you share the following so we can look further into this:

• Your device's make, model and OS version
  • The version of Spotify you're running, found under the app's Settings > About.
  • All troubleshooting you've tried so far so we avoid repeating the steps.

If possible, try logging in on another device (a friend's or a relative's phone would do) to see if this occurs there as well.

Keep us posted!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts