Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

If Spotify deletes a song, is this the way I can tell?

Solved!

If Spotify deletes a song, is this the way I can tell?

Hi everyone,

See attached screenshot:

If I see that a song in my playlist(s) is blurred and not clickable, I guess that means the song is removed by Spotify.

My question is: does this apply to all songs that are removed by Spotify? can I allways tell by this cue that it happened? 

In other words: are there maybe even more songs removed that I do not know of,  because Spotify removed them completely (so even without leaving them blurred out) so I cannot tell which songs were removed by Spotify?

It would feel quite bad if I put so much time in creating playlists that shrink all the time because Spotify deletes songs without telling us which songs they deleted. I hope that is not the case.

Thank you in advance.

2022-03-17 17_31_36-Window.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

As far as I know, yes, this is the way Spotify lets us know tracks have been deleted - in all cases. I've been a customer for about ten years, I have about 27,000 tracks, and I have not known them to just delete a track without my knowing - for all  their other faults.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Thank you for sharing this with the Community!

you can see if this video helps if it does make sure to put this as solved and if you could throw a like that would be nice!

here is the link, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9txfxiQR5tw&ab_channel=HJ

thank you and have a good rest of your day!😉

also you can do this to see all the unplayable songs that spotify has!

To do this, open your Spotify app and select Settings > Playback. Then, toggle Hide Unplayable Songs to the left. Next, go to the playlist of the song that you have hidden.
,thank you

did this help? also feel free to email me on my profile if you have a question as i will reply quicker than most people. also if you could follow?
thank you hope i have helped you with everything!
Marked as solution

As far as I know, yes, this is the way Spotify lets us know tracks have been deleted - in all cases. I've been a customer for about ten years, I have about 27,000 tracks, and I have not known them to just delete a track without my knowing - for all  their other faults.

Well, I have never seen the complete deletion of name and album like in that video.

The name and album always stayed visible for me, just blurred and unclickable.

Wow great, I have been looking for this confirmation for years.

Thanks!

i dont like how i got no credit in this as i was the first one to help.

So what's up with that video? It contradicts what others have written in this thread. Why did Spotify delete track names in this case, and not in others?

Suggested posts