Premium

Country

UK

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10 and Macbook pro

My Question or Issue

Hello guys, I have noticed that after the latest update an infinite scroll was added to the library. I kind of understand the technical reasoning behind it because I am a software developer myself. This this may be a way to cope with users having huge libraries and asking for better performance. But I just wanted to give my opinion from a users point of view:

The way I am used to use the application is to quickly scroll through the albums in my library and randomly choosing the one I am in the mood for at that moment. This became impossible now because every scroll will take some seconds to load the next batch of albums. I don't think my internet connection is the issue here, I have a consistent 40 mbits/s over wifi. I don't think it is a hardware/memory issue either.

I understand it may be impossible to please every user's desire or way of using the application, but since I pay a Premium monthly subscription I think I am entitled to at least have a voice on this. Also, feedback is a blessing 🙂

A couple of ways we could probably workaround this: (ordered from better to worse)

1. Adding a setting to switch the infinite scroll on/off in the library. Despite having a pretty big library I never experienced performance issues or noticed the app taking too much memory before the update
2. Preloading more items so the scroll doesn't feel so bumpy, maybe also reducing even more the size/resolution of the image thumbnails so we can load more per batch

I am sure you guys will have some more creative ideas than mine, just trying to give my 2 cents here.

Keep it up
Thanks!

1 Reply

Hey @openminder,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We appreciate your report and will make sure that it's taken into consideration when moving forward. 

In the meantime, we'd also recommend that you post your Ideas about infinite scroll and preloaded items on our Exchange. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see how popular a certain idea is with our users and helps us constantly improve the app. You can learn more about it here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts