Country

USA

Device

Galaxy Note 10+

Operating System

Andoid 11

My Question or Issue

Hello!

I have a video attached showing a folder containing 11 playlists open up to only 1 playlist.

Here are a few things I've noticed/tried:

1. The playlists aren't deleted, they appear elsewhere throughout the app.

2. When adding a song to a playlist, all playlists appear properly. (While in the "Add to playlist" screen, see the 2nd attachment)

3. Clearing cache does not fix.

4. Signing out and back in does not fix.

5. I have NOT tried reinstalling the app. (Hoping to not have to redownload 25gb of music)

6. Playlists appear normally on web and desktop apps.

7. This is happening to more than 1 folder.

8. I tried moving a playlist out of the folder using the desktop app.. this made the playlist visible on mobile. When I moved it back into the folder.. it disappeared (on mobile) again. (Was hoping readding it would fix the issue)

9. Brand new playlists are visible when created within the folder.

10. There was an update for the android app on the 25th of May, but today (June 1st) was the first time this problem happened. (I don't think it's a bad version of the app)

So does anyone know of anything that may fix this? Like I said before, hoping I don't need to reinstall the app 🙂

Thanks guys!!!

Update: My .mp4 files wouldn't post. Here's the videos:

Opening folder: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1hPCeeoKb71iZohA6

Adding song to playlist: https://photos.app.goo.gl/MAw4H6WGR7oY2ByX8

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had the same problem. It's fixed in the new version 8.6.32.925 on Android for me.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I'm having a very similar issue. My playlists instantly disappear when I download them. This is really frustrating since I'm pauing for family premium! The latest updated really messed with my android spotify app!

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this, and welcome to the Community 🙂

We’re aware of an Ongoing Issue causing the behavior that you describe and the team in charge is currently looking into it.

In this case, we’d recommend adding your +VOTE to this Ongoing Issue. You can also subscribe to it by clicking the three-dot menu next to the title and we’ll keep you updated with any relevant updates there.

We'll be here if anything else comes up. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

I had the same problem. It's fixed in the new version 8.6.32.925 on Android for me.

Fixed on my end as well!

Hey folks,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad to know it was fixed!

I you need a hand with anything else, The Community is always here for you.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I logged out of my mobile when I logged back in all my playlists have gone, and I cannot recover them.

Hey there @xbtk59ck2lzma4h

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Sometimes users create more than one account accidentally. In such a case you might have two accounts, that's why you don't see your playlists. If you're logged in to your other account, you won't be able to see them. To check if this is the case, we suggest having a look at this article in order to locate the login details for each of the Spotify accounts you might have created. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts