Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there a tool to create palylist with almost-identical songs?

Is there a tool to create palylist with almost-identical songs?

OK, so here is the thing: When browsing for new music on Spotify, I often have to notice that I already know a song that is suggested as a new song. That is because the same song has a different ID on say single, album, best of, compilation a and compilation b. So what I want is to generate a filter-playlist with such almost-identical songs, so when I browse for new music I can use that list as a filter.

I know there is Spotify-dedup, which basically works the other way around, but is there a tool for my needs sketched above? I just ask before I dive into programming this myself, should not be too hard to do.

3 Replies

Hey there @JohnnyD4

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Even though this isn't possible at the moment, you can have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

Check out this Spotify Answer to learn more about it.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This function would be too specialized for the main client I think and if Spotify wanted to solve the problem, the would merge duplicate songs with differnet IDs in the first place. If I remember correctly this has been rejected by Spotify in the past as "this is the label's fault, not ours".

My question was rather aimed towards 3rd party projects, as Spotify-dedup is, which I mentioned.

Thanks again spotify board software for killing my text and making me have to write it again - this time even though I was logged in before posting. message:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  •  
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Hi there @JohnnyD4,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

When it comes to not be able to post - can you try clearing your cache and cookies?

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts