Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with local files sync

Issues with local files sync

Spotify Version: 8.5.80.1178 on iPhone, freshly downloaded on PC

Spotify Subscription: Premium

I can't get local files sync to work. I have successfully made a playable playlist with my local files on my PC, but no matter what I try, I cannot get the files to download/sync to my iPhone. The playlist shows up on my iPhone, but all the songs are greyed out. When I download the playlist, they get the little icon next to them that usually means they are waiting to be downloaded, but nothing happens.

As far as troubleshooting is concerned, this is what I know.  All the files are MP3s. I am pretty sure nothing is wrong with them, because again, I have no trouble playing them in my PC installation of Spotify. I have enabled Local Audio Files in the settings of my Spotify app. However, upon doing so, I did not get a prompt like this article said I would. I am on the same network as my PC.  There may be issues with my home network, as far as firewalls are concerned. To make sure this was not the only issue, I tried to sync over a mobile hotspot as suggested in another post, and got the same results. I have no issues with storage on my iPhone either, as I am able to freely download new songs already in the Spotify catalogue. Additionally, I have no other issues with other device syncing between my phone and computer (I can play songs on my phone and control them with my computer, and vice versa).

At this point I don't know what to try anymore. Any help is appreciated. I can send screenshots if needed.

1 Reply

Hey there @lucastronova,

Thank you for your post here in the Community 

Can you add some songs from our catalogue to the playlist as well as the local file/s and make sure you have ‘Show unavailable songs in playlists’ turned on in Settings?

Also - play some music on the device that has the local files to see if it shows via Connect on the other device.

Make sure the your router supports the Bonjour protocol. If the router is made after 2005, it will likely have this protocol. The best way to handle this is to check the router make/model and Google it.

When you used your hotspot - did you use it one both devices at the same time?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts