Premium

Country

USA

Device

Windows Desktop + Samsung S21 phone

Operating System

Android + Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Its been about 5 years since I used Spotify, however my family recently upgraded to Premium so I am checking it out again and am having some issues with local files.

My main issue comes with all my .flac files. Firstly the album cover doesn't appear. Secondly the artist's name either doesn't appear or repeats thrice in a row. Thirdly they aren't playable across devices like mp3s do. (these problems also apply to .wav but I have significantly less of those.  

3 Replies

Hi there @CalvinZondag,

Thanks for the post.

We can confirm that at the moment, FLAC files are supported only on the desktop app. That's the reason you're not able to play them on your other devices. 

The issue with the artist/ title repeating multiple times would be dependent on the file metadata. You can use a third party metadata editor and try to edit that. 

In general we recommend using .mp3 files, as they tend to play better and have fewer things that can go wrong with their metadata.

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It doesn't really help. It just admits that despite this being a problem for 5+ years, little to no effort has been put into fixing it. Groove Music, the terrible default music player on Windows doesn't have a problem reading .FLAC files, what's your excuse. 

fix this already

Suggested posts