Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Kid Safe Version

Kid Safe Version

We need a kid safe version for kids under 13! The whole reason we wanted to switch to family subscription was to add our son. hes 12, and we have playlists for him and explicit blocked in settings. all he wants to do is listen to some country music on his spotify in his room. but hes unable to join the family subscription because hes under 13.

but he can still listen for free. thats rediculous. and its not about explicit content, because the free version still has the on  off for explicit content anyway. 

so why isnt it ok for him to be added to our family account when he can pretty much use the app as the rest of us can, he just cant be added to our subscription?  

6 Replies

I'm running into the same issue.  I have two kids age 9 and 11.  I've currently doing a trial of both Spotify and Apple Music and would prefer to go with Spotify but because of the age restriction I'm going to be forced to go with Apple Music because they allow kids under 13 to have their own accounts under a family plan.   I can't believe that more people haven't been running into this same issue as the topics don't seem to be getting enough votes for spotify to do anything about it.  It is very frustrating.

thats interesting.
what is apple music like compared to spotify otherwise?

You can google lots of sites that will compare both services for you.  I personally prefer the interface of Spotify over Apple but unless Spotify changes their policy I'll most likely go with Apple.  You can set up Family Sharing for younger kids and it allows them to listen to and manage their own music.   

yes... i know what you mean 😞 

Hey there @erickajen,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community regarding this!

It looks like something similar has been suggested by other Spotify users. In that case, we'd recommend heading here and making sure to add your +VOTE as well as a comment with your feedback, if you'd like. This way, you can stay up to speed with any updates we have regarding this.

On another note, if you'd like more information on how the Ideas Exchange works, make sure to head here.

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you.

Hope this helps clarify things. Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts