Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked Songs are randomly removed over time

Liked Songs are randomly removed over time

My Question or Issue

Dear Community,

I noticed that my Liked Songs are randomly removed over time.

To make sure that songs I liked a long time ago are removed for real from my liked songs, I just made an automation thanks to IFTTT that adds songs I just liked to a playlist I created for the occasion. This also allows me to make sure that I keep my liked songs..

Is there anyway to fix it please ?

Note :

I have around 3000 liked songs.

I already had this issue before linking my Spotify account to IFTTT or anything else.

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

Galaxy S10

Operating System

Android Pie (9)

Best Regards,

Ripper2909

6 Replies

Hey! I have the same problem and wonder if there is any way to retrive these songs 🙂

Is thery any we that we could access that automation program, as I have the same issue?

Hey everyone,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. In the current version of the app, when you like a song it should be automatically added to your "Liked songs" playlist.

If that doesn't work as expected or the songs get randomly removed, we recommend that you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on all your devices, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force a account wide resynchronization of your info. You can have a look at this guide for the steps relevant to each device.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes, I'm having the same issue and would like to recover my songs.  From Yesterday to today the amount of my songs from my liked has gone down a hundred songs.

Hey there @LauraR89,

Thanks for your post.

If such a large number of songs has been removed from your Liked songs, it's worth checking whether someone else has access to your account. 

Run through these steps to secure your account.

Keep us posted if that helped.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

Just to let you know, the issue still occurs 2 years after my first since, while the issue was already up 1 year before...

I already checked many times the access of my account and everything is secured though.

Many people I know also have this issue, which is a shame since we all pay for Spotify Premium (we already had this issue before paying, at least we knew what we were going for lol).

(I have the Galaxy S20+ since then though)

Hopeless.

Regards

Suggested posts