Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

This issue has been persisting for about a week. My phone has always been able to run Spotify perfectly, besides a few lag issues here and there. For some reason, I currently can't properly add songs to my Liked Songs or to my library without going through extremely specific and stupid measures, and I have no idea why that is or how to fix it.

Normally I was just able to click on the heart / plus button to add to my library or Liked Songs. I have updated my Spotify to the latest version, and I still have the heart icon for some reason instead of the plus button. When I click on the button to add a song to my Liked Songs for example, Spotify gives me the normal 'your song has been added' message, but when I go to my liked songs (or for example go back to the search bar and search for the song again), suddenly the song doesn't appear on my Liked or the heart icon (that turned green when I "added the song") has turned back to look as if I hadn't added the song at all, even though the app showed the heart icon turning green and gave me the message that the song had been added. This same phenomenon happens when I try to add an album or song to my library, or when I try to REMOVE songs from my Liked or my library.

The only way I can get it to work is if I click the song to play it, exit and close the app, immediately open it back again and instantly click the heart icon as soon as I open the app. This obviously takes about ten times more time than if the adding songs worked how it's supposed to.  What can I do? I have already tried logging out / reinstalling, and I even updated my phone itself to the latest version possible to try and fix the issue, but it still persists.

To give some more FYI:

* none of my friends using their phones have had a similar issue in my area and I haven't found any other people here with the same issue

* my tv and desktop versions seem to work as intended, but if I for example add a song to my Liked on desktop and open my phone app, the song doesn't appear liked at all, even though my laptop and phone are both in the same wifi and have no connection issues. If I try to play a song from my liked that does not exist in my liked songs on mobile, and then manually change the sound from my laptop to my phone, the song completely lags and doesn't play or show on my mobile Spotify at all.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @SpiritualCard,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

First up, we'd recommend clearing your phone's cached files by following the steps in this article. 

It's also a good idea to ask a friend or a family member to log in on your device and try reproducing this behavior. This will help us understand if it's device related or not. 

If the issue persists on their account as well, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here. You've mentioned that you've already reinstalled once, but this one is more thorough than the usual one. It'll also get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations that might be causing this.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @SpiritualCard,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

First up, we'd recommend clearing your phone's cached files by following the steps in this article. 

It's also a good idea to ask a friend or a family member to log in on your device and try reproducing this behavior. This will help us understand if it's device related or not. 

If the issue persists on their account as well, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here. You've mentioned that you've already reinstalled once, but this one is more thorough than the usual one. It'll also get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations that might be causing this.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator

Thank you so much! The clean reinstall seemed to fix the issue at least for now. I'll let the community know if differences arise, but for now, the app is now working as intended with no lag and no issues with neither the Liked Songs or my library.

Having the same issue here on an iOS device. Re-install did not work. 

Looks like it’s happening only with some albums.

Example: https://open.spotify.com/album/4KtGKfQZJHNsD4hB33nrT6?si=ftaUhHRxTYS4trSVJ7Vcwg

Hey @hhit,

Thanks for reaching out.

Would it be possible to send us a video of the issue? You can attach it here or upload it to YouTube or Google Drive.

Also, let us know your device model, OS version and Spotify version and whether the issue happens with the same account on a different device or with a different account on the same device.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts