Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked songs suddenly change song order when using a Bluetooth device

Liked songs suddenly change song order when using a Bluetooth device

I noticed that every time I get into my car and turn on Spotify, it will finish the last song played and then jump to a preselected list of songs and continue to pull from this list in the same order each time. So, I decided to listen to my list in alphabetical order not shuffle, but instead of continuing where it left off, it jumps around the list in an order I think that's based on when I liked the song not the alphabetical order, but even then instead of picking the would be next song, it's a random section from the list, but nearly the same section each time. I've also found that it's not just my car. How do I get it to just pick up where it leaves off in the alphabetical order without having to go in and mess with my phone manually?
4 Replies

Hey there @DevinMPitts,

Thanks for the post.

This sounds like the app is playing songs from your queue instead of the Liked Songs playlist directly. Next time, before you go and connect to the car, clear your play queue on your mobile phone. You can do this by clicking the Queue button in the now playing view and select clear queue. Also, make sure the Shuffle button and Enhance buttons are switched off.

Let us know if that helped.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The problem here is, the que changes. What's originally qued up is replaced to whatever the app decides next, not me. I do go in and change the que, but the I feel that I shouldn't have to because I didn't change anything but what speakers the music is coming from. The only time it doesn't switch the list around is if I'm simply continuing to listen to the app from one speaker to the next. Yet, if I turn the music off for a few minutes between then it changes the list on its own.

Hey @DevinMPitts

Thanks for your reply. 

Just to confirm, is this only happening in your car or on other Bluetooth devices as well?

On another note, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind logging in to you account on a different phone to check if the same happens? 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yes it does the same at least with my bluetooth earbuds and my car. I've tried going into the settings and clearing out the cache that way. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my phone to see if that helps. I would attempt to log into a different phone but I do not have access to one currently. I'll update later.

Suggested posts