Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files not showing music from iPhone

Local Files not showing music from iPhone

I have some mp3 files that I’ve downloaded from my cloud directly to my iPhone storage. So they’re on my device. I turn on the local files setting and they’re still not showing up on my Spotify playlist. The playlist says that files on this device will show up but none of them are showing up. The setting is not giving me any other options. I tried changing folder names to “Spotify” “Local Files” and “Music” and Spotify is still not finding them. I even put at least 5 songs in the folder and nothing. What is the problem here? I am getting frustrated because I’m limited by my settings on an iPhone.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16.3.1

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

5 Replies

Hey @Strpl4y3r,

Thanks for posting your issue on the Community!

Please make sure you're following these steps when you're trying to locate your Local Files.

In that article, there's also a link to a support article from Apple with detailed steps on how to sync your music.

If the issue persists after going through these, do let us know and we'll gladly take a look at what else can be done here 🙂
Hope this helps!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The thing is I already have music on my phone. No need to sync across devices. The actual music files are on my phone. 

Hey @Strpl4y3r ,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you make sure the Local Files are not DRM protected? It is also important to check if this happens with other files as well. Could you confirm?

In the meantime you can try playing the files with a different account. Did it work?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hello @Dian

the files are not DRM Protected because I downloaded them a long time ago form the internet. I’ve been able to play them on other music players flawlessly. I have not tried another account because I don’t have access to another.

Hi there @Strpl4y3r 

Thanks for the info. Please perform a clean reinstall on your phone and then follow these steps to access your local files.

Let us know how that goes.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts