Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files not translating to Spotify (Desktop app)

Local Files not translating to Spotify (Desktop app)

I recently uploaded my local files to my Spotify app on desktop and it seems there is an issue with grabbing the correct titles of all the songs. 

Let me just say, this may not be  a problem and Spotify may not be able to properly translate. For clarification, the songs I imported were Japanese albums. I didn't think Spotify would have an issue displaying Japanese characters since I have seen music on the app before with Japanese characters. 

As of now, the songs all function correctly, however they all display questions marks in place of the characters. 

Is there a way to fix this? Is it even a bug, or just simply impossible to do?

Thank you for the help

1 Reply

Hey @chardog,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community! We'll be happy to shed some light on the situation.

We suspect that the issue is hidden in the metadata of your files which is causing the titles to be displayed incorrectly within the Spotify app. There's another thread here, where a user experienced a similar issue importing files that have Cyrillic characters with a solution worth checking.

Basically what we're suggesting you to do is to try and rename the files on your system and then re-upload them, to see if that makes a difference.

Hope this does the trick for you, reach out if you need more help!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts