Lyrics section does not work

Plan

Premium Family

Device

iPhone 7 Plus, Lenovo Legion Y7000

Operating System

iOS 13.3.1, Windows 10 

My Question or Issue

Since I change my plan to Premium Family, lyrics section doesn’t work anymore. I tried all the song that I know exactly they have available lyrics on it but now it just does not appear anymore. Before this issue happened, I had been on a normal Premium plan and the lyrics work totally fine.

E6D8B9A9-7013-4B68-A0A7-47D44EC77BAA.png
6AE266A6-5B35-4924-B80C-5425C4333F58.png
419C184E-2F9A-44A5-B7AD-02964B79DFA0.png
5 Replies

Hey there @Harlen,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Hi Ivan, thanks for your reply.

I tried a clean uninstall and the issue is still there. The same problem happens on my laptop too.

I’m curious, what sort of “drivers” does the Spotify app install? Especially on iOS.

I'm having the same problem, family plan and no lyrics showed, tried clean reinstall, move the app to the SD Card and nothing. The latest version till today but nothing works. 

Android Galaxy S8+

Screenshot_20200225-204021_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20200225-204016_Spotify.jpg

The exact same thing is happening to me. Except that on the desktop version. They do show the lyrics feature, however, the app does not know a single lyric. I keep getting "Uhmmm you are gonna have to guess this one!" or something like that. But I checked with songs that I am 100% sure used to have lyrics and nope. All gone. I tried everything and nothing works. We are hundreds of users with the same problem. A fix or tip would be fantastic

Suggested posts