Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing Followed Artist

Missing Followed Artist

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I just realized today that I am missing artists that I follow from my Artist list.  When I search for their name it says I am following them, but when I go to my list they are missing.  I even did a clean reinstall and that did not help.  I use the follow function to not allow follow artists I love but also to save music that I would like to explore in the future.  It's very disheartening that I am missing them now.  Is there a way to find everyone that I every followed, export a list, or fix this issue?

2 Replies

Hey @jaxongamer,

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you share screenshots of how such an artist you follow appears on their artist page and in the Artist section of Your Library? Does it make a difference if you're using a different device or our web player? 

In any case, we recommend you log out everywhere and run one more clean reinstall on all your devices, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force a account wide resynchronization of your info. You can have a look at this guide for the steps relevant to each device.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @jaxongamer 

Do you follow over 1,000 artists?

If so, it looks like you're having the same problem I am having. It's an issue if you follow more than 1,000 artists. The follows are still there in the system (but you have to follow new artists in the desktop app only, mobile app won't save any new follows). When I go to artist pages I am following in the desktop app, the page still shows that I am following it, however it won't appear in my following list on my profile or in the artist tab on my library. The new desktop app makes the situation worse by capping your following count to 1,000 even if you follow more.

I have a thread dedicated to this issue here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/Artists-section-of-Library-no-longer-works-after-follo...

This is a know issue and it is being looked into.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts