Free/Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

Nokia 6.1

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

The album art is not shown in 'Your Library' album list. Only shows square with circle. 

When selecting a specific album from 'My Library' it will show the full album artwork.

Reinstalling the app fix the problem only for a few days until it reappear.

14 Replies

Hey there, thanks for asking in the community! I see you are having issues with the Album Art. Since you have tried re-installation already, there is one more thing I would suggest:

- Go to Spotify.com and go to your account

- Scroll down and click on Sign out Everywhere

- Perform a clean install of the Spotify App, more about how to do it here

Do note that this will log you out everywhere and you will need to save your content offline again. Let us know how it goes.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you but like before this only fix the problem for a couple of days

Are you using any kind of VPN/DNS service on your device?
AmayySpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No. No vpn or dns service. Just stock android.

Hey @andykane77

Thanks for your reply. 

Would you mind checking if the OS of your phone has any pending updates?

On another note, could you try again with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

If the issue persists with a different network, we suggest that you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone and check if the same happens using a different account. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello. No no updates pending. The phone is on android 10. Last security update on April 1 2022.

Try on 3 different connection. Wifi at home, wifi at work and mobile data. Once the album art start dissapearing never come backs.

I can try differents accounts but as i say the problem appears after several days.

Hey there @andykane77,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop here. 

We're asking to try out with a different account so we can determine if this is an account or rather a device related issue. Could we then ask you to try using a different device to log into your account and see if this behavior occurs for that other device again. Share if this makes any difference for you.

Let us know how things work out, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I wil try an old phone for a couple a days and see. But want to point out that a topic about this issue from 2021 still getting people saying it is not fixed. Here is the link

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Mobile-app-isn-t-showing-album-covers-in-Your-Librar...

Hi there @andykane77,

Thank you for your reply and for the link to the ongoing issue.

Let us know how everything works with the other device so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Same thing on the old phone. Works fine for a couple a days but today the album art is not showing on almost every album

Hi there @andykane77,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us and for all of the troubleshooting that you've done so far!

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

On another note, can you have someone log in with their account on one of your devices - such as a friend or a family member to see if the issue persists? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

The same problem occurs on two different phones. A nokia with sd card and a samsung without sd card. I don't think the sd card is the problem.

Hey again @andykane77,

Thanks for your reply.

Did you have the chance to also try inviting someone else to log into their account on one of your devices, where this occurred for you? Do they have the same experience? As we said earlier, we're trying to rule out if this situation is not specifically related to your personal account. If everything works normal for them, then we advise you to contact with our Support team here, who can take a closer look at your account and give you a helping hand with it.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I really cant ask for some one else account and use it for weeks to see if it brokes. As I said  before I can reinstall the app and it works fine. It brokes after days or weeks. Appreciate all the help but i gave up.

Suggested posts