Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Library

Get help with Your Library on all devices.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Your Sound Capsule: Following your listening stats

You probably already know Spotify launches every year, Spotify Wrapped, which is a rewind of your listening stats. It presents each user their listening stats for that year, including the most listened-to artists and podcasts, for example. It's reall...

IMG_6759.jpg IMG_6760.jpg IMG_6761.jpg IMG_6764.jpg
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • grxce99
  • 10 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 15 likes

Watch and Listen: Introducing music videos on Spotify

Spotify knows that the listening experience is a way to connect artists with fans on many levels. But what if we could enhance these connections with a different perspective? With this in mind, Spotify is introducing a new and powerful way to listen ...

IMG_6446.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ToneBaloney
  • 17 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 19 likes

Spotify Takes Listening With Friends to Another Level with Jam

Spotify is introducing a more fun, intuitive, and collaborative social listening experience with Jam. Whether you’re together or apart, joining a Jam with your loved ones is now simpler than ever by tapping phones, scanning a QR code, or sharing a li...

Community Blog Post.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • PasinduRanawaka
  • Visitor
  • 57 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Connect
    JAM
  • 57 replies
  • 48 likes

Introducing Smart Shuffle!

Introducing Smart Shuffle! We know that our users love creating their own playlists to capture key moments in time – in fact, playlists created by users often become their most-streamed playlist for the first several months but listening to these pla...

Joan_0-1678291161091.png Joan_2-1678291160675.png Joan_3-1678291160655.png Elena_1-1678292065514.png
  • matneym
  • 1149 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 1149 replies
  • 42 likes

The Heart button is being replaced with a (+) Plus button

Starting in March 2023, the ♡ Heart button will start being replaced with a (+) Plus button for saving things to Your Library. Things that have been saved to Your Library will now show a green ✔ Check icon instead of a green Heart icon. This new expe...

The Heart button is now a Plus button.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Share genre mixtapes

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone Xs, 15inch MacBook Pro 2019 core i9, OnePlus 3Operating SystemiOS 14, macOS 11.2.2, Android 10.xMy Question or IssueSharing one of the new genre mixtapes using a link e.g.https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone Xs, 15inch MacBook Pro 2019 core i9, OnePlus 3 Operating System iOS 14, macOS 11.2.2, Android 10.x My Question or Issue Sharing one of the new genr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Discover] Never play this artist

For $10 a month it's unacceptable to have music I can't stand play at me when I'd previously blocked it. If a poor decision to remove the option was made, and the app no longer remembers what we've blocked, there should at last be an option to only p...

• Visitor
  • For $10 a month it's unacceptable to have music I can't stand play at me when I'd previously blocked it. If a poor decision to remove the option was made, and the app no longer remembers what we've b...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution 10,000 Song Download Limit

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssuePlease remove the download limit or increase it from 10,000. I realize very few people actually hit the download limit, but it might not be because people don’t want more t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue Please remove the download limit or increase it from 10,000.  I realize very few people act...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
    limit
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files imported and appear to be playable, but arent.

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueLocal files have been properly imported from correct foldee on PC and all mp3's are playable outside of Spotify. The songs show as playable the "local files" section aswell...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Norway Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Local files have been properly imported from correct foldee on PC and all mp3's are playable outside o...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
    local files issues
    local files unplayable
    Windows 10
    Your Library
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Transferring my Library (Liked Songs) to another Account [IN ORDER]

I'm running into an issue when I try to transfer my liked songs to another account using the method described by @Jemi here. I've created a playlist with all my Liked Songs using the method described without an issue. But I'm running into trouble whi...

• Regular
  • I'm running into an issue when I try to transfer my liked songs to another account using the method described by @Jemi here.   I've created a playlist with all my Liked Songs using the method ...
  • producer
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

[Community][Social] This is (SWEAR WORD)ed

Why can I not listen without whoever is following me seeing what I listen to? all I want is for people not to see what I listen to without having to start a private session every single time I don't like it that people can see what I listen to and th...

• Visitor
  • Why can I not listen without whoever is following me seeing what I listen to? all I want is for people not to see what I listen to without having to start a private session every single time I don't ...
  • m-rid13
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Social
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The New Desktop App - Date added

Hey @dan, for the song add in the playlist. it would have to be improve the By the latest additions. when you add a song in the playlist and the next dayit becomes a day ago until 15 days ago. in the future if the song is latest addition in the playl...

• Composer
  • Hey @dan,   for the song add in the playlist. it would have to be improve the By the latest additions.   when you add a song in the playlist and the next dayit becomes a d...
  • m-rid13
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Previously downloaded podcasts arent showing up in my library anymore.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid Version 10 My Question or IssueAfter the update to playlists and how the sorting works, I can no longer access my previously downloaded podcasts. I can see that a new playl...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android Version 10   My Question or Issue After the update to playlists and how the sorting works, I can no...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artists I follow

hey I’m on a iPhone. When I click on artists in my library- none of the bands I follow are there. Is it a bug? I can’t find them anywhere

• Casual Listener
  • hey I’m on a iPhone. When I click on artists in my library- none of the bands I follow are there. Is it a bug? I can’t find them anywhere
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Don't allow song to get added in playlist if it already exists

If the song already exists in playlist don't allow the same song to get added in same playlist twice. Instead show some kind of warning message.

• Visitor
  • If the song already exists in playlist don't allow the same song to get added in same playlist twice. Instead show some kind of warning message. 
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mobile][Playlists] Playlist Folders

I like to craft my own playlists and sometimes I find some of them to be similar and could be grouped under an umbrella (i.e. summer playlist, genres, moods) For someone who enjoys organization (folders, lists, etc.), it’d be helpful to have the func...

• Visitor
  • I like to craft my own playlists and sometimes I find some of them to be similar and could be grouped under an umbrella (i.e. summer playlist, genres, moods) For someone who enjoys organization (fold...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mobile
    Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle is now more random?

I know that it is known that Spotify's shuffle is not perfectly random, and is weighted towards more popular songs, but for the last week, I've been getting songs from my library that I've liked but never got before.Could it be that the algorithm for...

• Casual Listener
  • I know that it is known that Spotify's shuffle is not perfectly random, and is weighted towards more popular songs, but for the last week, I've been getting songs from my library that I've liked but ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution The New Desktop App - Full Screen

Hi, thanks for this updateBut I can not turn the music to full screenHas this feature been lost? Or relocated?

• Visitor
  • Hi, thanks for this update But I can not turn the music to full screen Has this feature been lost? Or relocated?🤔
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The New Desktop App - Copy/Paste songs

Judging by the list of options in Keyboard Shortcuts, the Desktop-version won't be able to Copy or Paste tracks anymore? That was just about the only usability-option that put the desktop over the webversion

• Regular
  • Judging by the list of options in Keyboard Shortcuts, the Desktop-version won't be able to Copy or Paste tracks anymore? That was just about the only usability-option that put the desktop over the we...
  • Elena
  • 2 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 13 likes

Solved!! Spotify suggested playlist

I got a notification from Spotify saying they had made me genre specific playlists for me, and I really liked the look of them. I didn’t get a chance to save them before I quit the app. These aren’t the usual Daily Mix playlists, they were genre spec...

• Casual Listener
  • I got a notification from Spotify saying they had made me genre specific playlists for me, and I really liked the look of them. I didn’t get a chance to save them before I quit the app. These ar...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't load local files

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System I am using Windows10 on a Microsoft Surface. I cannot find the dropdown to add "local files" as an option. All the options I have are playlists, artists...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System   I am using Windows10 on a Microsoft Surface.  I cannot find the dropdo...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist restoration

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueA kid deleted my Whole collab playlist that me and my friends worked hard on. How can I resto...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue A kid d...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Usability of UI under Linux

PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerlandDevicePCOperating SystemLinux Mint My Issues:1. After upgrading desktop version I can't find my 'liked' songs of a given artist. Previously it was like this: I click on an artist and I've seen immediately ALL songs from a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Switzerland Device PC Operating System Linux Mint   My Issues: 1. After upgrading desktop version I can't find my 'liked' songs of a given artist. Previously it wa...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

saved artists

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhat happened to my saved artists list? How do I add an artist to my list?

• Regular
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue ...
  • bolero3232
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Playlists] Group playlists together, creating a tree structure.

It would be nice to be able to group playlists together that have similar themes(Workout playlists for example) to minimize the playlist view.From:to:

General_Deep_0-1617291414046.png General_Deep_1-1617291762743.png
  • Visitor
  • It would be nice to be able to group playlists together that have similar themes(Workout playlists for example) to minimize the playlist view. From: to:   
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes