Country

UK

Device

Samsung S5 

Operating System

Android Lollipop

My Question or Issue

Hi,

A feature that has always been lacking on Spotify is the ability to select multiple songs to add to a queue, however, i recently found that by pressing and holding down on a track the screen would change slightly as the three dots next to each track changed to a circular ring which then filled to a solid circle when selected. You could then use the buttons at the top to add the selected songs to the play queue. That is until yesterday. I was using the function yesterday morning but I updated the app in the afternoon and now that function is lost. It appears to have been a very short lived function as noone i've spoken to even noticed it existing, but I assure you it was there. I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested🤣

Has anyone else noticed this or better yet, do you still have the multi-select function? If so, please let me know your current spotify version.

To spotify themselves, what's up with this?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help

2 Replies

I also used this feature quite a bit, especially for queuing up multiple songs. I can't remember when it first appeared, but it was one of the best updates to the Android app in years. It's a complete waste of a potential function as now both "long press" and "the three dots" do the same thing in bringing up the menu. Please can anyone shed any light on what happened or if we will ever see the multi select feature again?

I would be really interested what Spotify thinks about users: They removed now "multiple select" as well as "Add Album to playlist". Seems like they do not want (power?) users to handle their music library structured. The simple Likes for albums is unusable if you have a lot of albums...

Suggested posts