Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music and Fans First

Music and Fans First

I just joined spotify from apple music just for the Fans first exclusives. I can’t find much info on the algorithm of how Fans First works exactly. 

I’m a DJ (25+ years) and I like and listen to music from almost every decade and genre - which makes it hard to show my obsessive support for a handful of artists.. so my questions are:

Assuming “listens” are what qualifies you as a “fan” and eligible to receive exclusives - how many?

and... are artist “likes” not enough?

What qualifies as a “listen”? - listening to separate tracks across various albums, from say, my “liked” folder that i’ve added... or listening through the full album?

Any direct info on this would be helpful. 

2 Replies

Why aren't there any replies? crazy.

Hey there @chrispa1,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Fans First emails are automatically sent to the biggest listeners/fans of certain artists - these can be determined each time using Spotify's listening data.

If you listen to a wide range of artists, it would explain why you missed a certain Fans First event. Keep listening, and you could be selected in future!

We'd also recommend making sure that you’ve opted in to Spotify News and Offers emails and that we have your correct email address registered on your Spotify account.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts