Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music stops playing after 10 seconds

Music stops playing after 10 seconds

Music plays for 10 seconds then it looks as though it’s still playing music but there is no sound.. this happens even with off line downloaded music..help.. I can’t listen to my playlists anymore..
6 Replies

Same here, for almost a week now.  I tried every fix suggested on forums and youtube.

what’s happening? Spotify, please advise.

Thanks!

Hi folks!

Could you let us know the following:

• Your device's make, model and OS version.
  • The version of Spotify you're running.
  • The troubleshooting you've tried so far so we avoid repeating the steps.

Does this occur only when you're playing your playlists or with all music / podcasts in general? If possible, try logging into another device to see if the issue is present there. You can also try switching to a different network or turning on Mobile data to see if that does the trick.

Keep us posted.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I was listening to music no problem this morning until I put in the code for 3 months of premium giftcard I got. Now I can see it is playing the whole song but I can only hear the first 10 seconds. It is also just bypassing songs to pick one. I am using the web player on a dell desktop. 

Hey @kirstend1120,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you first try to clear the cache and the cookies of your web browser and if this doesn't resolve the issue, try using a different browser?

Does the same happen on the desktop or the mobile app with your account? How about a different account on your current browser?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I'm experiencing the same problem for the past week - I'm listing through a web browser (on a desktop), I've tried both Chrome and Explore, but neither works. I have cleared the cookies and history and the problem continues.

Hey @glasseyes,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Just to confirm, is this happening on a different computer? It'd be awesome if you could check.

On another note, just to confirm, is this happening also on the desktop app? If you don't have the app installed on your computer, it'd be really helpful if you could install it and check.

Lastly, do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using? If possible, you can create a hotspot from your phone. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts