Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Navigation Issue going back from Album (after initially Viewing Album and heading to Discography)

Navigation Issue going back from Album (after initially Viewing Album and heading to Discography)

A somewhat minor annoying issue:

If I am listening to a song and go to view the album (…View Album)

I am taken to the album.

If from there I then go to the Artist page and then to Discography, and back into the Album (say I’m looking at albums or comparing them), 
I then press back from within the same album but then I am not returned to Discography but the initial place (the album) where I started before heading to the Artist page

Improvement: I think if I have already left the initial album, gone into the Artist, gone to the album from discography and pressed BACK, it must take me back to the discography and not the starting page (Home page in this case)

If you follow the steps here you will see what I mean.

An example of why this is annoying is if I have travelled from Song to Album to Artist to Discography to Album B, back to Discography then Album C, and then back to Discography, then Album A.. and hit BACK button.. I end up back at Home again and not in Discography.

To me this is a bug, and the new navigation into Album A from Discography should overwrite the initial View Album navigation

Thanks

iPhone SE 2020. iOS 17.5.1. Premium Spotify

1 Reply

Hi @Aerosmith92,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

We're unable to provide an ETA for a fix at the moment, but we’re constantly looking for opportunities to enhance the user experience for everyone and your feedback on this is greatly appreciated.

In the meantime, make sure you're always running the latest version of Spotify so you don't miss out on any updates.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts