Premium

Country

The Netherlands 

Device

Samsung A71

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Everyone around me has the same Spotify "now playing" screen in terms of how it looks (attachment 1)but I do not, I have no idea how to change this because my "now playing" screen won't update (attachment 2) whatever I try to do (reinstalling, restarting device, downloading an apk version of Google, clearing cache, logging out and in again)

Can someone please help me? 

Attachment 1:

20211115_135143.jpg

Attachtment 2:

SmartSelect_20220102-015053_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @daniel_neleman,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

From the screenshot it looks like you are currently part of a test that Spotify is currently running with it's desktop experience. Spotify is always running tests and looking to improve the user experience in as many ways as possible, you can learn more about testing at Spotify here

Right now, it's not possible to opt-out of these tests however if your not happy with the new experience I'd recommend adding a +VOTE here to show your interest to Spotify to returning back to what you had previously.

Hope you find this info helpful.

Cheers!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @daniel_neleman,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We can't set a specific timeframe but it's a good idea to always keep your app up-to-date so you don't miss the latest improvements.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @daniel_neleman,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

From the screenshot it looks like you are currently part of a test that Spotify is currently running with it's desktop experience. Spotify is always running tests and looking to improve the user experience in as many ways as possible, you can learn more about testing at Spotify here

Right now, it's not possible to opt-out of these tests however if your not happy with the new experience I'd recommend adding a +VOTE here to show your interest to Spotify to returning back to what you had previously.

Hope you find this info helpful.

Cheers!

AlexModerator

Hi, 

Thank you for the response and sorry for me responding so late. 

I +VOTE the thread you were talking about and I was wondering if/when Spotify will reverse the changes for my account?

I'd love to hear from you, 

Greetings. Daniël

Hey @daniel_neleman,

Thanks for your reply.

This is not something that can be changed manually from us or the customer support team. 

I know it sounds disappointing, but the best thing to do would be to wait. UI changes like this get rolled out to all accounts eventually.

Another possibility would be to create a new account, check if this new account has the UI you want and transfer your music library over. You can have a look at this guide to get a glimpse at the process. Note that your subscription can't be transferred. I didn't want to recommend this option initially, as it might seem like a big step. It's actually pretty simple and I've done it a couple of times over the years.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator

Hello, 

Thank you for your quick response.

The last question I have is if you can give me an estimate on how long it will take to get the different UI, or is it just random?

I'm asking this because the post you referred me to to +VOTE is from more than a year ago. 

Thank you. 

Marked as solution

Hey @daniel_neleman,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We can't set a specific timeframe but it's a good idea to always keep your app up-to-date so you don't miss the latest improvements.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts