Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 13 Pro, MacBook Pro 2020

Operating System

iOS 15.3.1, macOS Monterey Version 12.2.1

My Question or Issue

My On Repeat playlist hasn't updated in over a week. Previously, it would update within 3 days. All existing solutions provide a detailed description of the algorithm and simply suggest listening to more new music. However, there are songs I have been playing non-stop for the past week that do not appear on my On Repeat, and songs that I haven't listened to in weeks that are still on there. This has never happened before. I am convinced that this is not merely something to do with the algorithm or a question of me not listening to new music, and is instead something more technical. I would greatly appreciate any relevant assistance! Thank you!

5 Replies

Hey @tanujsingh,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you let us know when your On Repeat has last updated. We've received a couple of reports of this in the last few days.

Also, let us know if the playlist has the same contents on all your devices.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

My On Repeat last updated 9 days ago,

Yup, it's the same across all my devices.

Thanks for your help!

Hi @tanujsingh,

Thanks for the reply.

The On Repeat playlist should update every week or so, but if your musical preferences and listening habits have not dramatically changed in this period, a notable change might be observed up to two or three weeks later, depending on how actively you explore, like and play new artists and their music. So give it a few more days to update while actively listening to your favorite music and in case On Repeat still hasn't updated, feel free to come back to us with a screenshot showing the latest update and we'll investigate further.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with in the meantime.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Family Plan

Premium

Canada

Samsung Galaxy S10e

I read that my On Repeat playlist should update every 5 days. This is definitely not the case for me! It only has songs on it that I was listening to at least a month ago, even though I use the app regularly and listen different music all the time. Anything I can do?

Hello,

The playlist did repeat after all, about a week ago - I didnt check. I'm not sure when it last updated  before that, but it had to have been at least a month. 

Also, after it finally did update a week or so ago, it hasn't updated since. I'm sure it's been five days since then as well.

Thank you. 

Suggested posts