Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 13, Mac OS, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I rearrange the order of playlists on my computer it shows a completely different order on my phone. Not the order of songs, but the actual order of playlists in my library. I've put playlists into folders and then they end up in different folders on my phone or not even in a folder at all. 

Is there any way to change the order of playlists on the phone? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @bwawa

Thanks for the screenshots!

In this case, I'd recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find your device in this article and follow the steps provided there. 

After that, make sure to log in to the right account and choose the custom order in your library to mirror the one from your desktop app. 

Keep in mind that you'll have to redownload your music for offline listening. 

I hope it helps!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hi @bwawa

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

To make the order on your mobile reflect the one form your desktop:

• go to your Library, 
  • go to the list you’d like to filter (t.ex. Playlists), 
  • pull the screen down, 
  • choose Filter, 
  • choose Custom order. 

SearchFilter.gif

Now the order should be the same as on your

desktop.

For more details on Sort and Filter feature check this support article

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Choosing Custom order does not match my desktop.

For example,

Here is what the order of playlists look like on my desktop:

playlists_desktop.PNG

Here is the order of the playlists on mobile:

playlists_mobile.PNG

As you can see, they do not match and I can confirm that the filter mode is custom. There are even some playlists that are inside the "My Playlists" folder that should not be there and vice versa. 

Marked as solution

Hi @bwawa

Thanks for the screenshots!

In this case, I'd recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find your device in this article and follow the steps provided there. 

After that, make sure to log in to the right account and choose the custom order in your library to mirror the one from your desktop app. 

Keep in mind that you'll have to redownload your music for offline listening. 

I hope it helps!

That worked! Thanks for the help!

Hi @bwawa

You're welcome!

I'm glad I was able to help. 

Thanks for accepting my answer as solution 🙂

Have a nice day!

I’m having this same problem however my issue is with Samsung TV app. My playlist library does not match to my phone and laptop. There is no option for custom order in the Samsung app. However I have never had an issue until recently. As of the last couple weeks it’s such a wacky order! Like 7 yr old playlist are sittin up top that I have not touched in ages.  I’ve had this tv about a year and it’s always synced to same order as phone 

Hey @againstme,

Thanks for reaching out.

We've tested this on our end and can confirm that the Samsung TV app reflects the custom order you've set up on desktop. Can you please double-check how things look on your laptop with the Custom Order sorting setting selected? If there's any difference, try logging out and back in a couple of times on both devices and/or reinstalling the app.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello 

yes as mentioned over about the last two weeks I’ve seen the change. I log every day with all 3 devices. The tv does not match. I don’t see an option to change order on tv but I’ve never needed to change as it has always been synced. It’s always the first device I use of the day. 
The tv app does not seem to have very many features which is why I move between phone / laptop during use 

Hey @againstme,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We've forwarded this to the relevant team here at Spotify, however, we can't confirm when it will be addressed. In the meantime, please make sure to keep your app up-to-date.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Any word on this? There had been an update to the Samsung app but still no change 

Suggested posts