Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Playlist plays in reverse when sorted by date added.

Solved!

[Android] Playlist plays in reverse when sorted by date added.

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Oneplus 8 Pro

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Whenever my personal playlist is sorted by date added and you start the playlist by selecting the songs at the top of the list, the queue plays the songs from down to up. Happens the same for both ascending or descending. So for example if I play 3 songs from the top of the list the queue will play that song and queue the 2 songs above it. Meaning if I select the first song the playlist just ends as the queue doesn't select the songs in the playlist to play. Something to mention, this only happens when played in order. If I shuffle the playlist it works fine, and I have also tried sorting the playlist in other sorting methods like title and custom and it works fine, just not with date added.

This only happens on my android phone. When I try the same thing on the windows 10 program version it works fine, and even transitions to my phone when I change device playback. However I do not want to do that every time I play music on my phone. And I also want the option to play in order if I want to so I don't want to be forced to shuffle. I also want to be able to play my music by most recently added. 

So far I have tried clearing cache and data, didn't work, signed out and back in, didn't work, and tried uninstalling the app, rebooting my phone and reinstalling then rebooting again, and it still didn't fix it.

This has only happened today. It could have started anytime in the past week as I haven't used it much this week but last week it was working fine, and I have seen that Spotify plan on updating the UI, which has already happened on my windows 10 PC. So I have to believe it is some issue with Spotify.

Top Answer
Mario
Spotify Legend

Hey @Volern and @JohnDoe85,

Thanks for writing about this here in the Community.

We now have an Ongoing Issue regarding this and would be great if you'd go here and add all your relevant info for us to investigate. 

If you subscribe to the Ongoing Issue thread, you'll be notified as soon as we have updates to share.

Cheers!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

We now have an Ongoing Issue regarding this and would be great if you'd go here and add all your relevant info for us to investigate. 

If you subscribe to the Ongoing Issue thread, you'll be notified as soon as we have updates to share.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi!!!!
I'm having the very same issue! I hope some moderator could read your post and give us a way to fix it! It's very annoying!!! I use Spotify many hours a day and I always use "recently added" sorting method and now plays in reverse... I'm mad of it!!!!!!
Marked as solution

Cheers!

Mario Moderator

Hey mighty @mario!!!

Thankssssss... I've followed this last procedure and it worked. Logged out, closed the app, logged in and.... Magic... Fixed!

Thanks community!

G. 

Hi @JohnDoe85,

Thanks for letting us know that everything works fine again.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts