Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Passcode lock Spotify during use

Passcode lock Spotify during use

Is it possible to password/ passcode lock Spotify while it is running?

If I run Spotify on my PC and play my music, friends often change the playlist or song while I'm out of the room. I have asked them to stop doing so, but this is the only option I have left.

I want to be able to play my music and then prevent others from changing the song without entering the password or passcode.

Is it possible to do, either within Spotify or via a third party app?

Thanks

3 Replies

Hello @danmill2k5 

I'm sorry to hear that.

I do not think there's any  such feature within the Spotify app itself.

I know some devices have a built in app lock to secure the apps you  want protected so you could try if if possible.

The alternative of course would be to download an app lock app and lock down the Spotify app.

Hope you manage to deal with it soon.

Thanks

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

Thanks. 
I have tried to look at a few "app lock" programs for the PC, but they all password lock the app from being opened to start with (rather than letting me run the app in the background and prevent people from making changes while it is running). 
If I turn these locks on, it only stops me from opening Spotify in the first place. If I have Spotify already open, it doesn't relock it without closing the app and stopping the music.

Thanks

Then I'm afraid I don't have much to say to help.

I can probably only hope you manage to iron it out with your friends because that seems to be the root cause.

Take care

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts