Premium

Country

Germany

Device

PC / iPhone

Operating System

Win10 / iOS

My Question or Issue

So since a while I noticed that specific tracks are getting contantly recommended to a certain playlist altough they are already added to it (the exact same release from the exact same album). Also if I add one of this tracks it won't show me any "this track is already in the playlist" warning. 

I have the feeling this is especially an issue for large playlists with over 700 tracks. 

It doen't matter if I view the playlist on my PC or iPhone, it keeps recommending me several tracks that are already part of the playlist over and over again. 

Any of you guys are familiar with this issue? 

spotify_playlist_issue.PNG
1 Reply

Hey @jrow,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Have you tried running a clean reinstall across your devices? This would remove any corrupted leftover files that might be causing such issues. If the problem persists, what you could try is creating a new account and check if the same behavior comes up there as well. If it doesn't you can use the steps here to transfer you playlists.

Please keep in mind however that especially large playlists that approach the 1,000 songs mark could exhibit such behavior due to certain technical limitations. As an alternative we recommend splitting you playlist into smaller ones. We understand how this might be an inconvenience and constantly strive to improve the app and it's features, however we're unable to provide an exact timeframe for a fix.

Keep us posted how things work out. The Community is here for you if you have any questions. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts