Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist order

Solved!

Playlist order

Is there a way of rearranging yr actual playlists (not individual tracks)
This would be so much better to have this option, especially as a update feature 

(hint hint) 

😉👍🏻

Plan

Premium

Country

Uk

Device

(iPhone 6s)

Operating System

(iOS 13.5.1)

My Question or Issue

Top Answer
MattSuda
Spotify Star

As mentioned, you can rearrange the playlist order in the Spotify desktop app on the computer and when you have the sort order set to "custom" in the mobile app it will show up the same way.

However, it is currently not possible to change the order of the playlists in the mobile app. Right now the mobile app only supports changing the order of songs inside of a playlist.

If you would like to see this feature added, you can add your +VOTE to the idea here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Rearrange-Playlists-on-Mobile/idi-p/4513814

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @Avzone

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

As @Heythatsme mentioned, you can use the Filter function to change playlists order on your mobile. 

However, if you want playlists in your custom order, you have to organize them manually on desktop. 

To reorder your list of playlists in the menu on the left, click and hold a playlist title to move it up or down.

You can also organize your playlists into playlist folders.

Then, if you want the same order on your mobile, simply choose Custom Order from Filters. 

I hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey,
Yes you can order your playlists on Your Library>Music>Playlists> Next to “Find in Playlist” is a Button named “Filters”. You can order it after Downloaded Playlists, Relevance, Recently played, Recently added, Name, Custom Order.

Hope i could help you 😄

Marked as solution

Hello @Avzone

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

As @Heythatsme mentioned, you can use the Filter function to change playlists order on your mobile. 

However, if you want playlists in your custom order, you have to organize them manually on desktop. 

To reorder your list of playlists in the menu on the left, click and hold a playlist title to move it up or down.

You can also organize your playlists into playlist folders.

Then, if you want the same order on your mobile, simply choose Custom Order from Filters. 

I hope this helps! 

Thank you for taking time out to respond to my post it’s very kind of you. 
You know after the many years of using Spotify I never even clicked on the ‘Filters’ box & took advantage of the features it Does offer, unfortunately what I am wanting to do is specifically arrange my playlists in a certain order & I don’t think it allows you to do that  even with the ‘Custom’ option as I have tried and it doesn’t appear to do anything!?

Hopefully I am wrong and that will be great. 
I dont see why it wouldn’t allow the user to do this like you can inside the actual playlist when you click on the 3 dots to edit & then drag the tracks up or down via the 3 lines on the right of each track. 
If this app really doesn’t allow for this then hopefully Spotify can sort it cos again I Really don’t understand why this wouldn’t be an option. 
Again, Thank you kindly for your decent reply.

🙏🏻

As mentioned, you can rearrange the playlist order in the Spotify desktop app on the computer and when you have the sort order set to "custom" in the mobile app it will show up the same way.

However, it is currently not possible to change the order of the playlists in the mobile app. Right now the mobile app only supports changing the order of songs inside of a playlist.

If you would like to see this feature added, you can add your +VOTE to the idea here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Rearrange-Playlists-on-Mobile/idi-p/4513814

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I used to be able to move playlists up and down but with this most recent version I can only move them down. Please make it so I can move them up and down again!

Hey @ckahn102,

Thanks for the reply.

You should be able to move playlists up and down by dragging them around.

If that's not working, run a clean reinstall of the app, following the steps here.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Alright I did a clean reinstall but I can still only move playlists down but not up. Any other ideas? 

Hey @ckahn102

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you send over a video where we can take a better look at what's happening? This will help us investigate further.

You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll be right here.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi. I took a video but I'm not sure how to send it from my phone to my computer. It's too big to email from my phone. I added it to my dropbox. I don't know if I can send it from there? Thanks, Cindy

Hi @ckahn102

Thanks for your reply. 

Not to worry. It would be helpful if you could upload it to Google Drive so that we can take a better look. 

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Their is no longer a choice on the phone for custom order, they took it out with an update for some reason.

Hey @NJ722,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

Currently you can set a custom order while using the desktop app. Then you can choose that option on your mobile so you can see the songs in the specific order.

In case you don't have that sorting option on mobile, it's a good idea to restart the device and then to log out and log back in to check if that makes a difference.

If nothing changes, you can send us a screenshot of the sorting options. We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop. 

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I

This is very basic, but still not implemented. Very annoying

Suggested posts