Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists, hackers

Playlists, hackers

My playlists and my friend's playlists keep getting raided by random people adding more songs to the the playlists, I'm assuming they are play farming.

Is there anyway to make the playlist collaboration through invites only or any other solution? 

1 Reply

Hey there, glad you asked in the community!

This sure could be very frustrating but worry not, Spotify recently updated their collaborative playlists feature. It now has more control with the owner than ever. From now on, you can invite anyone whom you want to add as a member of the playlist.

Before you would make the playlist public and collaborative which lets anyone join and add songs. From this update, the link you share/get for the new collaborator will be valid only for 24 hours. If they even share the links somewhere, it would not attract spammers as it will expire.

As for the playlist you currently have, to remove the unknown users, you can create a new playlist and copy the old one. Make it collaborative by sharing the 24 hours link from the Spotify Mobile App. No one without your permission/link would be able to join.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you need anything else.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts