Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts Incorrectly being marked as 'Played'

Podcasts Incorrectly being marked as 'Played'

Plan:Premium

Device:(iPhone 11)

Operating System iOS 14.6

When a new Podcast comes out. For instance one came out today that I have NOT listened to they are automatically showing as 'Played'.

This is happening on my MAC desktop as well as mobile App.

What is going on here? 

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 3.58.05 PM.png
3 Replies

Hey there @gabep500,

Thanks for the post!

We'd recommend you try logging out Everywhere to force sync your account with the servers. 

Also, send us a link/URI to the podcast episode in question, this will help us investigate why this might be happening.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same problem across different podcasts and it shows episodes played fully or halfway.
For example, I recently started a new podcast and had listened to a couple of episodes, after opening the app the next day to pick up where I left off- a whole bunch of episodes I had NOT listened to nor even opened showed as played or halfway played. I have noticed this bug for the last few weeks.

Hey @signepikkat

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community! 

Just to confirm, have you tried logging out everywhere by following the steps in the link @Alex sent previously? 

On another note, would you mind checking if this happens across devices or only on a specific one? Additionally, sending us the podcasts' URI where you noticed this behavior would come in handy. 

Lastly, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your devices?

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts