Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Privacy] Sharing single song shares whole playlist "On Repeat" - can't make private

[Privacy] Sharing single song shares whole playlist "On Repeat" - can't make private

Plan: Premium, Germany

Tested Devices: iPhone XS, Pixel 5, MacOS 

When copying a share link from a single song from within the "On Repeat" playlist, the whole "On Repeat" playlist is shared and not only the song selected. This happens on both iOS and Android. (Seems not to happen on Desktop MacOS.) Sharing songs from normal playlists works as expected and only shares the single song. 

Steps to reproduce:

1. On Android or iOS, go to "On Repeat" playlist

2. Select share option from menu next to single track

3. Select "Copy Link" 

Result:

The person I sent the link to has access to my "On Repeat" playlist.

More pressingly, I have not found a possibility to revoke access to my "On Repeat" playlist again. As this playlist constantly reflects my listening habit, this is quite a privacy issue for me! Apart from fixing the initial share BUG, this type of playlist also need the "Make Private" option!

(This rather old topic seems to be related: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Why-does-sharing-a-song-always-links-to-the-playlist...)

3 Replies

That is true! There needs to be an option to make playlists like "On Repeat" private (again).

Once when I listened to my "On repeat" it was shown in my friends feed. Some friends liked and saved my "On repeat" and now there is no way to make it private again. They can watch my personal "On repeat" whenever they want to.

I totally agree that this is quite a issue!

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

We've forwarded this to the relevant team here at Spotify and we'll keep you posted in this thread on any relevant updates.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same problem here. Shared one song with someone earlier and now they have access to my On Repeat and there is nothing I can do about it. This is a serious privacy issue that Spotify needs to resolve urgently. Even worse is that there is no indication that sharing a song will share an entire list. 

Suggested posts