Public Playlist does not appear in other's search

Plan Premium

Country UK

Device

Web app, Pixel 5a

Operating System

Win 10,Android

My Question or Issue

I've created a playlist that is quite popular. It has accrued 39 likes in 3 days. For some reason it does not appear in search results.

The playlist is https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6azdnoIAOvDLZ6GnwtTHe0

Can anyone help me? 

4 Replies

Hey @Jaedee,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

The content uploaded to the platform could take some days to be synced with the system and to be shown in search results. Since the playlist was recently created, it could be because of that. However, search results are based on location, popularity, previous searches and music taste. The results shown are mainly songs, albums or artists that contain keywords you used in the search bar. As the user's playlists could have any name, the search engine is not that accurate looking for them.

To help the search engine, wait a couple more days, check if the playlist is marked as public and if it's added to your profile. But if the playlist is still not listed on the search results after this, we'd recommend sharing the playlist link to other users you want to be part of that collection. 

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

From what I can tell, the playlist is:

1. public,
  2. collaborative and,
  3. added to my profile.

There should be therefore no barriers to it being publicly visible.

It is also now 5 days old, with 75 likes and a total of 8 collaborators. I would have thought that this would be sufficient for it to be properly search indexed?

Is there any chance that someone with access to the backend could just check to see if something has gone wrong?

The playlsit remains here: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6azdnoIAOvDLZ6GnwtTHe0

Hey there @Jaedee,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

As @OscarDC mentioned earlier, it could take some time for the indexing to be fully completed. On another note, the search bar might be confused also by the long name of the playlist and the many matches it could return. Therefore we suggest you to try and update the name of your playlist to a shorter or more unique title. See if this will make any difference for the search queries. 

Also please keep in mind that here in the Community, we're not able to make any actions on your personal profile. For this type of help you can contact the our support team here, if the above suggestion doesn't seem to resolve the issue.

Hope this helps clarify things. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hola, soy usuario de Spotify y veo que cuando escribo cualquier palabra en su buscador aparecen también una sección de listas relacionadas que han elaborado otros usuarios aunque no los tenga de amigos.

Yo también he hecho listas de reproducción, pero solo son visibles para mi y mis amigos. Si accedo desde una cuenta de alguien que no me tenga como amigo no puedo encontrar mis listas, por mucho que escriba el nombre exacto.

¿Cómo se puedo hacer para que una lista sea visible para todos los usuarios de Spotify del mundo?

Suggested posts