Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reached 10k song limit on liked songs but still able to like more songs. Did the limit change ?

Solved!

Reached 10k song limit on liked songs but still able to like more songs. Did the limit change ?

I always though there was a limit to 10000 songs per playlist including the Liked Songs playlist. I was at 9997 and was ready to make a new playlist for songs I like in the future. But as I liked a few more songs I noticed I now have 10005 songs in my liked songs playlist and am able to save more. This is on my Samsung phone. Has the limit changed or been removed?? I hope so but just want to make sure its not deleting old songs somehow or anything like that.

Thanks

Elias

Screenshot_20200505-030215.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Ejsade,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

It sounds like you're seeing one of a few changes Spotify have made recently.

Spotify always test improvements and new features, so you might see something your friends don't.

You canh head here to find out more about it.

Hope this shed some light.

Have a great day 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We're happy to inform that as @MattSuda mentioned we've removed the 10.000 song limit of your music library. So go ahead and expand your epic music collection 🙂

@spunky214 note that there's still a limit of 10,000 songs that you can download on 5 different devices for offline listening. If you'd like to be able to save more tracks, we recommend that you post an Idea about it. 

You can find more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Ejsade,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

It sounds like you're seeing one of a few changes Spotify have made recently.

Spotify always test improvements and new features, so you might see something your friends don't.

You canh head here to find out more about it.

Hope this shed some light.

Have a great day 🙂

I’ve got the same issue but they don’t help me at all, they don’t even know what’s the download limit or if there is a limit at all, they all clueless. I have liked 10,688 but it seems that download reach limit it’s still the same, and you download new songs but it erase the oldest downloads. But they just don’t have a clue about it.

Good news! You can now save an unlimited number of songs and albums in your library. There is no more 10,000 limit.

For more info check out the update on the posted idea and the blog post.

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've got over 20,000 songs in mine. Enjoy 😄

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We're happy to inform that as @MattSuda mentioned we've removed the 10.000 song limit of your music library. So go ahead and expand your epic music collection 🙂

@spunky214 note that there's still a limit of 10,000 songs that you can download on 5 different devices for offline listening. If you'd like to be able to save more tracks, we recommend that you post an Idea about it. 

You can find more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts