Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

Multi

Operating System

Android Oreo and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Today my release radar playlist changed title into spanish. All my apps in all my devices are in english.

I've discovered this issue because it changed my playlist order and tracks.

I want to revert it to english, please!

Can you help me?

Rgrds!

Ignacio

12 Replies

Hi there @tanocapo,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Just to confirm, did this only happen with the Release Radar playlist? Are there any changes if you log out, restart your devices, and log back in?

If nothing changes, can you send us some screenshots where we can see how your Release Radar playlist and other sections/playlists of the app are looking like on your end?

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi @CarlosE,

It's happening 2 or 3 days after i receive the new Release radar every Friday. Today my first song Piece of Art (Tritonia 364) from Kryder was changed to Nightfall (Tritonia 364) - from Paige, Nihil Young, saysaysay.

Like this example in the last few weeks it happens all the time. I have already logged out from every app and logged back in with no luck!

It seems that the Playlist confuses songs in the same album where various artist coexist.

Many times that happened did not bother me so much because maybe the track wasn't a liked song but today with the example i mentioned above that particullarr song was liked by me the very first day! That's should not  have happened!

Thank you and hoping for a solution i wish you a great day!

Hey @tanocapo

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Could you please share with us the following? We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop. 

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

Yes, of course!

spotify:playlist:37i9dQZEVXbrNEev4dIL7H

Today it changed again my first song. Screenshot below

tanocapo_0-1639320544831.png

Thank you!

Hey @tanocapo,

Thanks for the info.

We opened the playlist and on our end it looks like the songs were updated 3 days ago (on Friday). The reason some songs in the playlist might change more frequently could be duo to licensing issues, making some songs releases unavailable in your country.

Can you clarify what you mean by that the playlist changed language, from what we can see everything seems to be written in English.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Hi Alex,

The language hasn't changed since my first post. And maybe were 2 separate issues.

The changing song problem in Release radar playlist still remains.

We opened the playlist and on our end it looks like the songs were updated 3 days ago (on Friday). The reason some songs in the playlist might change more frequently could be duo to licensing issues, making some songs releases unavailable in your country.

Well, that could be one reason but  all the song i detected that changed were playable and still are. As far as i know, true is that unplayable songs due to licensing restrictions are greyed out in spotify. In all cases the new song that appears is playable and the replaced one also is playable.

For example, today my first song was PRAANA - Becoming Earth Mixed and it was replaced by Elle Vee - Sight to see. The weird thing is that my previous first song wasn't deleted but moved to the second place and so on so forth. I've already scrobbled in last.fm an entire first play and this new song was not present so it  isn't a sort problem!

I will keep you posted of any new "automatic" changes.

Thank you for the time you share with me!

Hey @tanocapo,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're currently running some tests to improve the Release Radar playlist. That's why you might've been having a different experience with the playlist. We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app that other users don't, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, I am having the same issue with the language of the Release Radar.

Ever since I've had spotify (for more than 5 years) everything was always in english. Both my computer and phone are set to english and the app as well. But for some reason today the Release Radar playlist switched to portuguese. Everything else stayed in english.

I also noticed that it 's not just my release radar, all my friend's release radar are also in portuguese (despite them clearly not being portuguese). So it must be something coming from me. I've tried clean uninstall and reinstall in both devices without success.

spotofy.PNG

Hey @sofsofss,

Could you and your friend reply to this thread and confirm the following details please:

• Your affected devices & their OS versions
  • Your Spotify app versions
  • When the issue started occurring (approximate date & time)
  • If you're using any VPN services

We'll be on the lookout for your responses 🙂
Many thanks in advance!

VasilModerator

Dear Vasil,

I am using the app on my Asus laptop (Windows 10 x64) and phone Samsung S9+ (Android 10). On my phone I have version 8.8.46.529 and on my laptop I have the latest version on the website since I reinstalled it fresh yesterday (I can't check at the moment the version but I will do it later). I don't use any VPN.

I noticed that the issue started yesterday but I'm not sure if it actually started before since I don't use that playlist so often. Basically I see all Release Radar playlists titles in portuguese (any user, including mine are in portuguese).

But if I ask my friend to check the title of my playlist, it is in English. So only I see everything in portuguese. (He uses an android 13 and has the same spotify version as I do)

Thanks!

Edit: My spotify version on laptop is 1.2.14.1149.ga3ae422d

Ok I think the issue has been solved somehow, it's back to being in english 🙂

Suggested posts