Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

PC  and  Samsung A40

Operating System

Windows 10 and Android 10

My Question or Issue

My Repeat Rewind hasn't been updated for ages. The last time it did, was in November last year while my On Repeat playlist updates every 3 days!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Berkers,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Glad to hear the the app is starting again.

Regarding the Repeat Rewind playlist not updating - Some of these playlist don't update weekly, but rather when there is enough sufficient information to compline a new playlist. If you haven't listened to many new songs/albums outside of your recommendations playlists like Discover Weekly, Daily Mix etc. this might take longer.

Also if you're listening to music on multiple devices it might be worth logging out everywhere and back in, so your account would resynchronize with the servers.

The app might be loading slowly if you have a very big collection of playlists and Liked songs. Note that this depends largely on your specific set up, so there is no magical fix. We can recommend clearing your app cache regularly with the steps from the clean reinstall and to disable Hardware Acceleration form the app Settings

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey @Berkers,

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

If your Repeat Rewind playlist hasn't been updating as expected make sure you restart the app and log out and back in to your Spotify account. Occasionally this is necessary to force a sync of info between your device and our account system.

It's also a good idea to check if a clean reinstall of Spotify would make a difference. This will get you the latest app version and make sure no corrupted data from previous installations are causing the issue. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

I appreciate your response but a reinstallation doesn't solve anything! I have multiple problems with Spotify on Windows 10: error code 17 since yesterday (so I'm not able to use Spotify even though I have paid for it!!!!), not playing songs, taking ages to load, skipping songs after 1 second of playtime and now this! I have searched for all problems on this forum and the only answer the moderators gave was: delete Spotify and install it after that. It doesn't help! There are some things wrong with the Windows 10 application and you could say that but please stop saying: Reinstall Spotify, and then mark it as a solution!

Hi @Berkers,

Thanks for your reply.

There are several things that can be causing issues with the app on any device or account. 

We need to go through all possible troubleshooting to narrow down the cause of the issue. If the app is loading slowly this is most likely related to the way cache is stored and handled on your computer. This is why we always recommend a clean reinstall. This is different than deleting and reinstalling the app, as it involves clearing all app data and folders. 

If you've already tried that here are some other steps you can go through:

• Clear any host file entries that contain Spotify - Follow the steps here.
  • Try a different network connection or restart your router.
  • Log in with a different account to test if the issue is isolated to your account. You can ask a friend/family member to log in with theirs or create a free test account.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator

I've tried your first option but I didn't had sites in that folder. I tried using a free account but I still wasn't able to download Spotify. I think the topic in which I started this could be better changed to how I am able to download Spotify again

Hi there @Berkers,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you clarify exactly what your issue is, so that we can offer more relevant advice? Are you having trouble reinstalling the app on your computer?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator

I got a new computer last year and I downloaded Spotify on it. Spotify was very slow the whole time but that didn't matter that much since I actually always used my phone for Spotify. Half a year ago, I started playing more music on my computer but Spotify still was very slow. This week, Spotify skipped songs after less than 1 second of playtime so I tried to reinstall Spotify. I downloaded Spotify but every time it says: Error code 17, unable to open Spotify! 

Hi again @Berkers,

Thanks for the quick reply.

You can try running the app in Windows XP/8 compatibility mode. Just right-click the launcher icon> Compatibility > Run this program in compatibility mode > for Windows 8 or XP (try both).

If the issue persists, check out this Spotify Guide on the specific Error 17

Let us know if that helps 🙂

AlexModerator

I tried downloading in safe mode and it worked!!! However, every time I open it I get a message: do you allow Spotify to change stuff on your device. (not sure what it is in English since I'm Dutch). Spotify still is very slow and Repeat Rewind isn't updating!

Marked as solution

Hey @Berkers,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Glad to hear the the app is starting again.

Regarding the Repeat Rewind playlist not updating - Some of these playlist don't update weekly, but rather when there is enough sufficient information to compline a new playlist. If you haven't listened to many new songs/albums outside of your recommendations playlists like Discover Weekly, Daily Mix etc. this might take longer.

Also if you're listening to music on multiple devices it might be worth logging out everywhere and back in, so your account would resynchronize with the servers.

The app might be loading slowly if you have a very big collection of playlists and Liked songs. Note that this depends largely on your specific set up, so there is no magical fix. We can recommend clearing your app cache regularly with the steps from the clean reinstall and to disable Hardware Acceleration form the app Settings

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

Okay! Thank you very much for your help. I will give it a try! Greetings 

Suggested posts