Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reset my library

Solved!

Reset my library

Hello, I would like to completely reset my music library and playlists and restart my account to zero without deleting it and unsubscribing. I found no information on the subject apart from erasing data from device settings but it just erases the downloaded singles. But they still remain in my library and liked titles. Thank you in advance for your reply

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @nicolasmerle, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

The main way to start over fresh is generally with a new account - and that would be good because all of your recently played and listening history would also start over.  You can create a new account and transfer content from your old account to the new one following these steps.

If you would like to keep the old account though, I completely understand. This process would be best on a desktop application as you can select and delete multiple songs at once. To remove a liked song (which also removes the download), select the Like button again until the like button appears empty. 

On a desktop, select Control + select how many songs you want to delete at once (should be light grey each one you click) + Left click on one of the songs and select Delete. On Mac, select command +  select how many songs you want to delete at once (should be light grey each one you click) + Left click on one of the songs and select Delete.

For playlists, you can delete them by following the steps in this support article > Mobile or Desktop (whichever applies to you) and under the section that says Delete a Playlist. 

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @nicolasmerle, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

The main way to start over fresh is generally with a new account - and that would be good because all of your recently played and listening history would also start over.  You can create a new account and transfer content from your old account to the new one following these steps.

If you would like to keep the old account though, I completely understand. This process would be best on a desktop application as you can select and delete multiple songs at once. To remove a liked song (which also removes the download), select the Like button again until the like button appears empty. 

On a desktop, select Control + select how many songs you want to delete at once (should be light grey each one you click) + Left click on one of the songs and select Delete. On Mac, select command +  select how many songs you want to delete at once (should be light grey each one you click) + Left click on one of the songs and select Delete.

For playlists, you can delete them by following the steps in this support article > Mobile or Desktop (whichever applies to you) and under the section that says Delete a Playlist. 

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

How is this a solution?... this is stupid ..  

Suggested posts