Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Russian artists incorrectly featuring others

Solved!

Russian artists incorrectly featuring others

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

PC/Android Phone

Operating System

Windows 10/Android

My Question or Issue

For the past month or slightly more I've had a couple of Russian artists added to my Discover Weekly/Release Radar.

The genre those playlists usually contain is Rock/Metal. The Russian artists seem to add "Slash" as featured on their songs, however they're completely out of Slash's genre, and there's no such collaboration to be found online.

This seem to be an attempt by the artists to add Slash as featured on their songs to spread their songs and gain an audience. This might be happening to other artists but Slash is the only one I've seen it happen to in my lists.

Is there any way I can COMPLETELY block these artists from even being playable/visible in Spotify? Alternatively, could you please find a way to stop small unknown artists randomly featuring famous artists without any proof of the collaboration from the more famous artists?

Here's a link to two of the artists:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/3mzTMnmAToeLI9AGd1kIfW?si=hu7ZsrIOQdC_br3KzfDYUw

https://open.spotify.com/artist/2VtGX88TjSZKMnwYraM4ik?si=tTEYUx_5TRajYncIPUrDDQ

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Marabon

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community! 

If you notice a track or an album on Spotify isn't playing correctly, or the information (title, cover art, release date) is incorrect, you can report it:

• Go to submission form.
  • Choose Report an offensive or broken track/album.
  • Click I STILL NEED HELP.
  • Find the URI of the content:
    1. Open the desktop app and go to the track/album/artist you wish to report.
    2. Click the three dots and select Share.
    3. Click Copy Spotify URI. The code is copied to your clipboard.
    4. Paste the URI into the submission form and fill in the other details. 
      Note: It looks like this: spotify:track:4uLU6hMCjMI75M1A2tKUQC. It’s not the same as a link, which starts open.spotify.com.
  • Click SEND QUESTION.

I hope it helps! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

bump?

BUMP. Happened this week again... If not every week, every other week I get KOEN or SOLYANIK in my release radar (incorrectly featuring SLASH).

PLEASE for the love of everything holy, FIX THIS.

Thank you!
Marked as solution

Hi @Marabon

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community! 

If you notice a track or an album on Spotify isn't playing correctly, or the information (title, cover art, release date) is incorrect, you can report it:

• Go to submission form.
  • Choose Report an offensive or broken track/album.
  • Click I STILL NEED HELP.
  • Find the URI of the content:
    1. Open the desktop app and go to the track/album/artist you wish to report.
    2. Click the three dots and select Share.
    3. Click Copy Spotify URI. The code is copied to your clipboard.
    4. Paste the URI into the submission form and fill in the other details. 
      Note: It looks like this: spotify:track:4uLU6hMCjMI75M1A2tKUQC. It’s not the same as a link, which starts open.spotify.com.
  • Click SEND QUESTION.

I hope it helps! 

Thank you. Fingers crossed it gets resolved.

Hi @Marabon

No problem!

Thanks for accepting my answer as solution.

Keep in mind that it might take some time for the applied changes to be visible. 

In the meantime, I'd recommend clicking the icon_no.png button next to these songs. 

You can block selected artists as well:

• Open Spotify on your mobile app,
  • Go to artist's profile,
  • Click the three-dot menu, 
  • Click icon_no.png Don't play this artist. 

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts