Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Same problem

Same problem

I wrote to you guys a while ago about my downloaded songs skipping. I was told two things, check for updates and uninstall and reinstall the app. And guess what, that's what I did, I worked for a couple of weeks but now it's just doing the same thing all over again. I want to listen to my downloaded songs without it sounding like I'm listening to a CD that's dirty and needs to be cleaned....

Plan

Family Premium 

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11 pro

Operating System

iOS 14.1

My Question or Issue

Is there a way to have the songs stop skipping? When I'm listening to a really good song and this happens it's very annoying and frustrating. 

3 Replies

Hey @Garciamm624, thanks for coming to the Community for help!

I completely understand that this is frustrating. Let's get this fixed. Could you let me know if this happens when you're using other media apps at the same time? Also, could you let me know your exact Spotify and iOS versions? I'd love to take a closer look.

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The version on Spotify i have is 8.5.81.1110 and the version of iOS is 14.1. And no it happens only when I'm listening on the mobile app through my car radio. Music is the only thing that gets me ready on my drive to work so for it to happen on my way to work kind of ruins my day. I hope you can help me with this. 

Hey there @Garciamm624,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to suggest a few more steps so we can get to the bottom of this.

Can you try these steps and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual reinstall. By doing that you can make sure the cache is not causing any issues.

If you have any battery optimization or power saving apps, you can deactivate them for Spotify. It's also a good idea to try using a different way to connect your device to the car with these steps. 

Does the same thing happen when you try with another device? That way we can see if it's a device-related issue.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts