Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Local Files were uploaded on PC to Spotify. Songs were added to a playlist and saved/hearted.  Both PC and Mobile are connected to same internet.  Local Files apear on mobile spotify playlist and play.  Once Wi-Fi connection is lost, local files are not playable.  What is the point of doing all of that if you can't listen to those songs on mobile even after they are saved?  Why have local songs only play in wifi connection, might as well listen through PC instead of mobile, its a useless feature.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Gandalf-el-Brown

Thank you for confirming that. 

I'm afraid, you need to use the same WiFi network on your mobile as on your desktop app, in order to play local files. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi @Gandalf-el-Brown

In order to play local files on mobile, you need to download them first. 

There's more on that in this Support Article

@Emilia_8 wrote:

Hi @Gandalf-el-Brown

In order to play local files on mobile, you need to download them first. 

There's more on that in this Support Article.

Hi @Emilia_8 ,

I do have it set up to download the playlist the songs are in, and the songs play on my phone, but they grey out and become unavailable as soon as I disconnect from WiFi

Marked as solution

Hi @Gandalf-el-Brown

Thank you for confirming that. 

I'm afraid, you need to use the same WiFi network on your mobile as on your desktop app, in order to play local files. 

well that's a dumb feature. If I have to remain in the same WiFi to listen to local PC songs, why would I not just listen to my music on my PC rather than on my phone. I thought the whole point of being able to download songs was to be able to take your music with you... like outside of your WiFi connection. What is the reasoning for this useless feature?

Suggested posts