Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle Multiple Playlists?

Shuffle Multiple Playlists?

Would love to see a feature where multiple playlists could be shuffled together for a longer-play mix. Please?
53 Replies

Interesting idea. If you want to do this now, try making a new playlist and add songs from the playlists that you would want to shuffle.

I can't believe that Spotify does not have this feature.  I will go back to Pandora which has that feature.  Sucks though because I like the fact that you can choose tunes on Spotify, but iwthouth the ability to shuffle playlists it's pretty worthless.

You can shuffle a single playlist, but I am hoping they will add a feature that lets you group a couple of playlists together for one shuffled session. Of course, I could make another playlist which includes the ones I want to shuffle, but it would be nice to be able to just pick a couple of favorites that I want to temporarily join together.

Thanks for your reply. I have only been a spotify member for a few hours but I've already come to believe that it really SUCKS.  Many people have recomended that they add the functionality of shuffling multiple playlists.  Their reponse is that there is a similar suggestion that you should click on but when you click on that one it shows that the idea has been deactivated.  Total incompetenc!!  I can't believe that they are even in business anymore.  With Pandora you can select which playlists to include in the shuffle.  Very easy to program.  Spotify just sucks!

Hi Maren,

I figured out how to shuffle multiple playlists.  You need to create a tree sttucture of folders. You can have folders within folders.  You can then shuffle a single folder that has several subfulders within it and each folder having several artists.   In the desktop app, Click on

"File > New Playlist Folder" ,  Then name that folder what ever you want.  Maybe something like All Music Shuffle:.  Then create another folder the same way but call it sometihng like "Folk" or whatever genre you want.  Then click and drag that folder into the All Music Shuffle folder.  Create as many subfolders as you want in this manner.  You can have folders within other folders several layers deep.  Then put whatever tunes you want in each folder.  Then when you wantt to shuffle between all those various playlists just go back and play the one root folder that contains all the subfolders (in this case the one called All Music Shuffle) then click on the shuffle icon and it will shuffle between all the playlests that are within the varous folders and subfolders inside.  I probably didn't explain it that well, but if you just good around with adding playlist folders and then dragging them into each other and then putting playlists within them you will figure it out.  Good luck.

It's not working anymore on ios version ! ๐Ÿ˜•

@bigveggie wrote:

Hi Maren,

I figured out how to shuffle multiple playlists.  You need to create a tree sttucture of folders. You can have folders within folders.  You can then shuffle a single folder that has several subfulders within it and each folder having several artists.   In the desktop app, Click on

"File > New Playlist Folder" ,  Then name that folder what ever you want.  Maybe something like All Music Shuffle:.  Then create another folder the same way but call it sometihng like "Folk" or whatever genre you want.  Then click and drag that folder into the All Music Shuffle folder.  Create as many subfolders as you want in this manner.  You can have folders within other folders several layers deep.  Then put whatever tunes you want in each folder.  Then when you wantt to shuffle between all those various playlists just go back and play the one root folder that contains all the subfolders (in this case the one called All Music Shuffle) then click on the shuffle icon and it will shuffle between all the playlests that are within the varous folders and subfolders inside.  I probably didn't explain it that well, but if you just good around with adding playlist folders and then dragging them into each other and then putting playlists within them you will figure it out.  Good luck.

Thank you, that works 

I can't thank you enough for this post reply, even 3 years later!! I'm a KJ and I was getting bored of having to cycle thru several of my playlists in the middle of my shows. This makes it so much easier. Thanks again!

Why is this not possible on the Android app?!

There is a trick to it...  You have to make the shuffle play on the computer and then continue playing on your android, ios or any other device. 

The thing is, you canot play any other  song or the shuffle desapears and you have to repeat the process from the computer app again. I wish they could include this on the mobile appยดs.

I can do a shuffle play from a folder on my desktop but when I continue playing on my iPhone it just sticks to the particular playlist the current song is in- no more shuffling between all the playlists in the folder. Unless Iโ€™m missing something?

I would like to see a way to group/shuffle togehter mulitple playlists, including curated channels/playlists.  For example, one of my lists, Chill Tracks from Spotify, Discover Weekly and Release Rader.  I really like the quality of the curration at Spotify, but I find it annoying that I have to list to one station at a time, then switch to another.  It's particularly problematic if I'm working and listening to a lot of music.  The station I'm listening to will repeat after an hour or two (I work for 8+ :-)).  It also means that I'm on one genre for a bit without much variability unless I stop and switch things up.  Being able to group playlists and play/shuffle them all would greatly improve my experience (and apparently others).

Hey @bigveggie Thanks a lot. That really helped me out.

This site allows you to mix multiple playlists together into a new playlist that will be kept in sync with your source playlists: https://playmixify.com/

There are MULTIPLE requests in multiple threads for this feature, and any time anyone semi-officially related to Spotify (the company) posts about it...they say "Great Idea....add it to our official suggestions page".  This has been going on since at least 2012 and is still broken.  I just did ALL of the suggestions across multiple posts, including setting up a playlist folder of multiple playlists, clicking on the "randomize" icon and starting to play on Windows .  Nope..stuck to whichever playlist (out of the 10) I clicked on and would happily randomize songs within that playlist, but wouldn't play anything in any other playlist.  Other posts had suggested to start the player on the desktop app, then "connect" that session to the mobile player (Android or iPhone) and it would "continue to randomize".  Didn't work.

Why is it that after 10 years of requests for this feature, it still doesn't work? Is it because Pandora has a patent on the process of randomizing (shuffling) multiple playlists in a streaming player, so Spotify can't do it? Or is it that Spotify programmers are that inept? No randomization across multiple playlists as Pandora has been able to do *In-app* since at least 2010.

playmixify : just tried this , it mixes the playlist perfectly, but how does the sync work? How often does this get synced? There is no Q&A on the website of playmixify. I added a song to a playlist, waited an hour, but still no sync. 

The sync happens daily. Could possibly add the option to trigger a manual sync if that'd be useful.

A manuel sync would be usefull. As matter of the auto daily sync. It did not work. I've added a song to a playlist after adding some playist to 1 playmixify playlist and those song is still not added today.

Next to an manual sync also an edit of the created playlist would be handy, so you can add or delete playlist to the playmixify list. Now you can only add new mixes but not edit them.

Suggested posts