due to licensing issues or else.

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

OnePlus 8T, LineAge OS, Spotify App

Operating System

Windows 10 (Desktop App), Windows 10 (Browser App)

My Question or Issue

I noticed yesterday that some songs from one of my playlists were greyed out. Yes, this happens from time to time due to licensing stuff or else.

But this time it is different. Normally when a song is unavailable all information are still shown. Like artist name, album name, song title, etc.

See the playlist here:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1pZU5wnX7Rwhifeu2RZnPK?si=a45c07f11e5f4d4e

For these songs no. 5, 7, 15, 17, 18 and 24 I only see the small album cover art and the artist name got replaced with "Various Artists". That's it.

Clicking on the album link just shows an empty album with similiar greyed out tracks with no information and 0:00 long songs.

If you pay attention to song 12 you'll notice that this one is correctly greyed out as usual. Not playable, but all information is still there.

As the songs affected are from different artists and albums..

What happened here? How can I get them back?

This issue is persistent on all devices even in privacy tabs (so now extension or cache issue) and so far I only noticed that this particular playlist is affected..

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Chris54345325rr,

Thank you for stopping by the Community!

This looks odd indeed, but sometimes it could happen. For some reason the tracks associated with the URIs have been completely purged from our database, including the related metadata. We don't have any info why this has happened. It could be a takedown request or just a database error. Unfortunately, in this instance they'll not be available on Spotify any more.

However, if you are able to acquire the music files, you can add them to the playlist as Local files - see more details in our FAQ page here. Checking the playlist backstage, we can see that the songs in question were:

• Despair by Goratie
  • A Prominent Response by Piotr Miteska
  • Longevity by Novo Talos
  • At Night by Oscar Sundberg
  • Song for A by Charlie Key
  • Far and Beyond by Charles Bolt

We hope this helps and clarifies things. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Chris54345325rr,

Thank you for stopping by the Community!

This looks odd indeed, but sometimes it could happen. For some reason the tracks associated with the URIs have been completely purged from our database, including the related metadata. We don't have any info why this has happened. It could be a takedown request or just a database error. Unfortunately, in this instance they'll not be available on Spotify any more.

However, if you are able to acquire the music files, you can add them to the playlist as Local files - see more details in our FAQ page here. Checking the playlist backstage, we can see that the songs in question were:

• Despair by Goratie
  • A Prominent Response by Piotr Miteska
  • Longevity by Novo Talos
  • At Night by Oscar Sundberg
  • Song for A by Charlie Key
  • Far and Beyond by Charles Bolt

We hope this helps and clarifies things. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Kiril,

wow, thanks for listing the titles and artists! Found 2 of them which are still on Spotify. Strange but ok..

And yes, my assumptions went into the same direction.. Either some DMCA-Takedown notice, or else. Sadly this regularly also affects legitmate artists as there are no rules to enforce at least basic checks on the Takedown-Requestors and many just sent them out only if it vaguely looks like it could be an infringement.

But it's good (or bad..) to know that there is nothing on my side which I could have done.

Regards

Suggested posts