Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs randomly grayed out

Songs randomly grayed out

So I’ve had a few songs by a rapper named L.S.D in my playlist for quite a while. And all of a sudden when I went to check my playlist all of his songs were grayed out for me. They played before now they’re locked, this music group is really old I doubt they would really care. Any ideas on why they suddenly are grayed out 

18 Replies

Also when I try to search the rapper or any of their songs up nothing comes up like they randomly disappeared from the platform

Hi there!

When songs are greyed out, it means i isn't available in your region. That seems unlikely, because you were able to listen to the songs before.

It also could mean that the songs were removed from Spotify.

Hope this helps!

Yes it is really confusing how I was able to play them before and all of a sudden. When I go to the artists profile only one song is there. I wish I could get more information about why this rap group just disappeared, why would it randomly not be available in my region

Hey there @420lol,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to take a closer look into this.

Can you share the URI of the artist so that we can take a closer look directly from our end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey again @420lol,

Thank you for your reply and for the URI.

We tried it from our end and we get the same behavior. We want all the world’s music on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may reappear soon.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

But i was able to listen to his music like a few days or maybe a week ago.

Hey again @420lol,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

We understand but sometimes content can get removed due to the artist, label etc.

Hopefully the content will come back so that you can enjoy it again 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Well the thing with LSD is that it's a pretty small group. It's almost impossible to find any information about them or literally anything. I don't really think that music that they made like 30 years ago would they randomly block in some countries. Do you think it could of been the rap group LSD or anything/anyone else?

Hey there @420lol,

Thank you for your reply.

If you'd like to report this you can report the content here.

We hope this information was helpful.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator

Is there a way i can suggest music to be in my country? i would really like "Throw those fingaz" by eastside click

Hey @420lol

Thanks for your reply.

You can fill out this form in order to register your interest in having an artist's music in our platform.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions. 

Cheers.

Moderator Edit: The form is now offline.
If you feel strongly about listening to the music of a specific content creator on our platform, you can always reach out to them via their artists' label on social media or their website and ask them what their thoughts on uploading to Spotify are!

Aside from that though - importing your favorite tracks as Local Files would be the only workaround for the time being.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

is it possible to request a rapper/album to be in your country?

Hi again @420lol,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Remember that you can request an artist, album and/or a specific track by filling the form that @Novy sent above.

We'll be right here in case you need anything else.

Take care.

Moderator Edit: The form is now offline.
If you feel strongly about listening to the music of a specific content creator on our platform, you can always reach out to them via their artists' label on social media or their website and ask them what their thoughts on uploading to Spotify are!

Aside from that though - importing your favorite tracks as Local Files would be the only workaround for the time being.

CarlosEModerator

Few of my favourite songs became unavailable to play. They are in my playlist, but They are grey and I'm unable to play them. Can anyone help me? What to do? If that persist I'm going to cancel my subscription and I'm going to find an alternative.

So I wanted to play "Lip gloss" by Lil Mama , and I can't because it says it's deleted or something, I want this track in Poland right now. Please bring it back! a lot of people wait for it to appear but it's an error. PLEASE JUST MAKE IT WORK IN POLAND. If you won't bring it back I will cry my ass off lol

Hey @Tarniak16@Majahxbxb,

We moved your posts here, hope you don't mind 🙂

The reasons why your songs might be getting greyed out (apart from them being local files that don't sync anymore) are explained in the posts above.

Should this thread not answer your questions though, do feel free to come back to us!
We'll be happy to help and take a further look into things 🙌🏼

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello there!

I listen to some old songs from the beginning of the 20th century and have recently noticed that many of the hits from that era are missing on Spotify's library. As such, I would like to request that they be added.

These songs are under the public domain, which means no issues with copyright owners, thus facilitating the process of adding them.

It has been suggested to me that there is a feature to add songs from local files, but these would only be accessible to my own profile and not widely available on the platform. Because, although not as popular as most other songs, these do have their own niche, and their addition could potentially bring new users with it.

Best regards,

a Spotify user

Suggested posts