Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify inserting tracks

Spotify inserting tracks

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Android and Windows desktop

My Question or Issue

Spotify is inserting random songs (similar genre) in one of my created playlists. This shouldn't be happening with Premium, right? I've tried turning off Auto Mix. 

5 Replies

Hey @ecarl65,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you please let us know which device you're using? 

If you're experiencing this on your mobile device, we can assume that you have the newest Smart Shuffle feature turned on on your playlist and that might be the reason why this is happening.

If that's the case, we'd suggest that you turn it off and check if you'll experience the same. You can turn Smart Shuffle on or off whenever you want by tapping through the Shuffle button at the top of your playlist or on the Now Playing View. 

You can find more info about the Smart Shuffle in this article. If you have any input about this new feature - you're welcome to share it in this thread as your feedback is important to us!

If the above is not the case, could you send over some screenshots of your playlist, queue and NPV?

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you 🙂

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thank you for your reply. The Smart Shuffle was not enable. I also disabled
it and it's still happening. This happens to a private playlist both on my
Android phone and when I go to the playlist on the desktop as well.

Hi @ecarl65,

Thanks for your reply.

Does this happen only with one playlist? Also, are the recommendations added while you're listening to the playlist in between your songs or do you maybe see them at the end of the playlist, and they're only played once the songs you added have finished?

On another note, try selecting the option to repeat the Playlist once it finishes from the Now Playing view (the one in red in the screenshot) and then try to play the playlist again. Let us know if that makes any difference.

Keep us posted!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Now Playing View 1.PNG

Thanks. I have noticed it with just one playlist. They are not added at the
end, they're interspersed while the playlist is playing. I do have the
"repeat all" selected, but it's a large playlist so it's rare I cycle
through the whole thing, especially in one session.

Hey @ecarl65,

Based on your description it sounds like you have toggled on Enhance / Smart Shuffle. Both features add song recommendations interspersed in the playlist/queue which you can decide to keep in the playlist. To turn them off:

• Enhance: open the playlist and tap the Enhanced button. Enhance is also available on the desktop app, so you can disable it there as well.
    Yordan_3-1689779182125.png
  • Smart Shuffle: open the playlist, tap the Shuffle button and switch to regular play/shuffle.
    Yordan_4-1689779182131.pngYordan_5-1689779182133.png

If that doesn't do the trick, a short screen recording which shows how the app looks on your end would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts