Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps defaulting to a previous playlist

Solved!

Spotify keeps defaulting to a previous playlist

My Question or Issue: Regardless of what playlist I select, Spotify plays one song and then starts a playlist I listened to  yesterday. I have nothing in my queue. I've tried exiting and restarting the program, as well as logging out and back in.

Plan: Premium

Device: HP laptop

Operating System: Windows 11

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Starren-us,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

This is a strange behavior and for sure it's not to be expected. It's cool that you've tried to do some troubleshooting yourself. Let's see if we can help you here.

We can suggest you to log out and then to log back in, in the app twice in a row - it sounds a bit odd but this triggers a refresh between the app and your account and may help to resolve any possible cache-related issues. Check if this operation will make the app behave as expected.

If the above doesn't help, then it's worthwhile to perform a so called clean reinstall of the app. It's a more thorough reinstall than the normal one and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with the new installation of your app. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Starren-us,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

This is a strange behavior and for sure it's not to be expected. It's cool that you've tried to do some troubleshooting yourself. Let's see if we can help you here.

We can suggest you to log out and then to log back in, in the app twice in a row - it sounds a bit odd but this triggers a refresh between the app and your account and may help to resolve any possible cache-related issues. Check if this operation will make the app behave as expected.

If the above doesn't help, then it's worthwhile to perform a so called clean reinstall of the app. It's a more thorough reinstall than the normal one and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with the new installation of your app. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Kiril,

I tried a basic reinstall and that seems to have solved the problem. Thank you very much for getting back to me. I appreciate it!

Steve

Suggested posts