Solved!

Spotify playlist, date added column not appearing

Free/Premium

Country

UK

Device

(MacBook 2020)

My Question or Issue

this is happening with only one of my playlists for some reason (typically this one is my main one which has over 1k songs on so would like to fix this), I am unable to sort by date added, instead it has been replaced with a release date column, I can select the date added from the drop down section but it doesn't appear as a column and because of this I am unable to sort by newest songs added to oldest. I have done everything Spotify have told me to do (Re-download the app and clear it off the Mac) but it is still not helping. I would really love to sort this out as it is very annoying. Furthermore I have also seen people say to fulll screen it but I have and it still doesn't help.

thanks

Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 16.58.22.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I see. Do you have podcast episodes added to it as well? The "Album or Podcast" column sort of hints to that. Maybe that's the reason why date added is not shown and release date is shown instead.

View solution in original post

25 Replies

i'm having this same issue, they must have done something to it with this new interface update

I was told that I had to make a new account and they would transfer all my playlists to that account, but I don’t want to as I will lose all my Spotify stats, its really annoying.

That's ridiculous. I would just stick with my original account, too. They'd better fix this soon.

Hi there @Samfjoseph and @kotorii,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

It would be great if you can confirm if you followed these steps when you reinstalled the app?

On another note, do you get the same behavior if you try from different device?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Zoom out a step or two.

I deleted everything and reinstalled it, happens on other devices, still happens, seems to be account related
Marked as solution

I see. Do you have podcast episodes added to it as well? The "Album or Podcast" column sort of hints to that. Maybe that's the reason why date added is not shown and release date is shown instead.

Oh wow, thank you very much, I have lots of songs on their so foot I had a podcast thing on it. I had no clue it would affect the playlist as when I contacted Spotify they didn’t mention it. Thanks a lot, it works now

same as here. date added section works but I couldn't sort them out as newest or oldest song. I don't want to see the song that I added about 10 years ago. There's a icon on top of the list like "watch"", but this only sorts the song by song duration. "Recently added " seemed dissapear. This issue is same in both platform. ( desktop app and android app ) There should be a solution for this problem. 

Hey folks,

If you've sorted your songs by Date Added from the drop-menu on the right-hand side and you can't see the Date Added column next to Song Name/ Artist/ Duration etc. try zooming out using the Ctrl+- (Win) / Cmnd+- (Mac) command until all playlist columns appear.

When that happens you can click on the Date Added column and you'll see the little green arrow change direction.

This should sort the playlist in the desired manner.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

every time I listen to a song it gets updated and gets categorized as recently added, I've had songs that were added in 2015 turn into added 3 minutes ago its really messing up the order and it's becoming so annoying, I had all my songs order messed up and there is no way to get back that order

Hi there @BytesG,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app as mentioned above? This step will clean the cache and corrupted files from previous installations that can cause issues.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you provide us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Tried the clean reinstall worked fine for about 4 songs then back to updating their added dates the video file exceeded the 5mb limit so im sending it via Drive. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p0fWP7KlZf5qUGa0gbzpVO9H-wMgOTie/view?usp=drivesdk

Hi @BytesG,

Thank you for your reply and for the screen recording.

Can you remove all lines from your hosts file?

If the you're on Windows, follow these steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

If the you're using Mac, follow these steps:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit 
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

What if there is no Spotify line at all?

Hey @BytesG

Thanks for getting back to us. 

No worries, there's a few other things we can try.

Could you let us know if the same happens on a different PC?

On another note, would you mind letting us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update?

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Only had an old macbook air to try it on but nothing happened on it, don't
have another windows pc to test it on

Hey there @BytesG

Thanks for your reply.

Would you mind checking if the OS of your PC has any pending updates?

Additionally, could you let us know how much storage space does your device have available?

Lastly, sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device would come in handy. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

no pending Os updates
476gb of storage only 115gb in use and 16 ram

model: ZenBook UX434FLC UX434FL
OS: Microsoft windows 10 pro Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043
spotify ver: 1.1.60.672.g6ad9c215-a

Suggested posts