Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Start podcasts from the beginning

Start podcasts from the beginning

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is an option to make it so that when I play a playlist containing podcasts, the podcasts automatically play from the beginning? at the current moment I have a huge playlist consisting of nearly 100hours of podcasts, which I regularly listens to. But should I listen to a podcast halfway through, and than change to another one, that first podcast saves where I stopped listening to it, and when I shuffle play a few days later, that same podcast resumes from where I stopped it. Is there a way to make it so that this does not happen, and that podcasts always starts from the start when shuffle playing playlists in my library? I have a premium plan, and this can be pretty annoying to say the least. 

12 Replies

Hey there @Asweti,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Currently, there is no option to start the podcasts automatically from the beginning. We're always striving to improve the experience with the app and we appreciate your feedback on this. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right team.

We'd suggest you also give these steps a go and submit your idea. That way other users can support it. Rest assured that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.   

You can also head here to see how your feedback reaches the right teams.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Almost two years, and this hasn't been implemented yet? Kinda disappointing, not gonna lie.

Hi there @MeghanTheShade,

Thanks for bringing your feedback about this to the Community.

Currently there are no future plans about changing the way podcasts work, even when started from playlists. We've passed your feedback on to the appropriate teams at Spotify, but can't say for sure if such a change will be implemented in the near future. 

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

And ...another year gone by, still nothing. So much for 'striving to improve the experience' when can't even add a simple block of code to allow for this.

No point to reply to this comment. Hit me up when spotify starts putting their money where y'all mouth is.

Brah how is this not fixed yet? 

Hey, I just subscribed to spotify because of Alex Hormozi's podcast and I did like to play it from the very first one up to the latest.

But there seems to be no way to do that.

I have been able to get to the first of 651 episodes starting in 2017, but after listening to that, it doesn't go to episode 2

You still haven't fixed this? wth

No, they have not fixed this. Really interesting to be honest about how such a seemingly simple fix is impossible for them to implement. And it should not really take them that much to give us the option to have all podcasts played from the beginning.

For me, the only solution really has been to always rewind all podcasts that I do not finish. 

Hi Spotify team. I just spoke to the podcasters.spotify.com support team and gave the feedback that this feature is really problematic for us podcast hosts using the Music + Talk feature.

Since Spotify is discontinuing the Music + Talk feature our only option is to create playlists that combine music and podcast episodes.This is the suggestion provided by the Music + Talk support team.

I went ahead and followed this suggestion. I've setup a playlist with music and podcast episodes, it works pretty well, except for one major issue. Since Spotify always plays the podcast episode from where you last left off, the moments when they play in the playlist can sometimes be jarring if the user had already listened to part of that episode... that is, instead of playing from the very beginning of the episode, it plays from the middle of the episode. So the transition from music to podcast episode is jarring on second plays 😕

This would all be solved if Spotify simple released a setting that allowed the user or the podcast host to turn off the "play from where you last left off". This seems like it could be an easy fix (I'm speaking as a software engineer myself). But of course the way you've architected the app might make it difficult. Regardless, I hope this example use case provides a little more incentive to consider this feature. 

I think it could create for a great ecosystem in Spotify of Music and Podcasts working together. I'd be happy to promote this way of listening as well as many radio hosts could take advantage of this..

Appreciate your listening and your consideration.

To be honest, you guys don’t even have to change anything. A simple option to start all podcast episodes from the beginning could make everyone happy in the end, especially since a lot of people add podcast episodes to playlists.

it seems to be a pretty simple addition to make. i wanna put all the unreleased Alex g songs on my playlist but they’re all podcasts and it’s annoying having to manually restart the episode just please add the feature

It's september 25th 2024 and this still hasn't been fixed.

Suggested posts