Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The Play button (Android mobile) when I open a playlist always shows the Shuffle option "On".

The Play button (Android mobile) when I open a playlist always shows the Shuffle option "On".

Plan - Premium

Country - US

Device - Pixel 5a

Operating System - Android 11

If I want to play a playlist without Shuffle I have to start the first song and hope that Shuffle is not 'On' or start the first song, then click on the song and check to see if Shuffle is 'On' and if so turn it 'Off'. Is this a bug or a conscious design decision. Why isn't Play (without Shuffle) the default?

Also, is Spotify still programmed to play the queue before completing a selected playlist? 

1 Reply

Hey there!

The way I see it is that Yes! Queue is what the App completes first, if you want then you can remove songs from the queue or add one next. In order to completely ditch the queue, you can go and play any album or playlist song to see if it replaces the current queue or not. It should and it does as far as I know.

The shuffle button is there for free users, if you are on premium then you will still see the shuffle button on top but you can choose to play any song individually which free users cannot. If you want to play a song and want the queue to follow the order the playlist is in, you can turn off shuffle in the now playing screen and it would just work fine. This is how it all works for now but no worries, you are always welcome to vote on existing or post your ideas here.

Throw a like my way or choose this as a solution if I helped!

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts