Premium Family

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 16

My Question or Issue

I’ve recently switched from a student premium plan to a family premium plan (I am a member, not the owner of the plan). All my premium perks stayed the same, expect when trying to listen to downloaded music. I am able to download music, the green circle appears next to the album and each song on the album. When I go offline, the album still has the green circle next to it, but none of the songs have it and I am not able to play any of the songs. A message appears when I tap on a song saying I have to go online to play it. I’ve tried logging out and back in, and performing a clean reinstall of the app. I’m not sure what other option there is. 

4E3C73DF-569F-4B47-B415-F26E13A487B0.png
79545755-30CC-4271-83B2-DB59F18DDF8C.png
1FD0FA12-E3C7-432C-A875-92AC712B5CE1.png
3 Replies

Hello @hay0325!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community. It sounds like you're experiencing this Ongoing Issue. Spotify teams are looking into it. However, in the meantime, I'd recommend you try following the steps provided in the Status Update in the issue thread.

Hope this helps and make sure to let me know if you have any questions!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I’v tried all the steps in the thread linked. Please let me know if there’s anything else that may help. Thank you. 

Hello @hay0325!

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, if the steps in the thread didn't do the trick, there's not much I can suggest other than waiting for Spotify to fix this. If you're really desperate for a fix, as a workaround you could create a new account and transfer your content to it. You can learn how to transfer all your playlists to your new account here.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts